Is Prouch Adhesive Remover worse than C22?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

The citrus cented. It's a lot cheaper. I think it's as effective. What do you think? It seems people still mainly use C22. Why?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad for UTS.

I used it a couple of years ago when I first started wearing. It ended up leaving my UTS with an opaque white/milky look and could not be cleaned off, so it was impossible to show the hairline any more.

Smells nice, but not very good for cleanups anyway.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Bad for UTS.

I used it a couple of years ago when I first started wearing. It ended up leaving my UTS with an opaque white/milky look and could not be cleaned off, so it was impossible to show the hairline any more.

Smells nice, but not very good for cleanups anyway.
So C22 is more effective you think?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never used C22 so can't comment on it. I just use 99% Isopropyl alcohol.

But even then - because I have a UTS system, the glue just rolls off and then a quick wash with soap (dish washing liquid) removes any left over bits. So I rarely use the alcohol.

I would avoid the Citrus scented one for sure though.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
since i started using C22, my system is sticky & oily.

It's sometimes hard to wash out, that is why I only suggest it for 2 things... deep cleaning of lace, when the glue won't come out, and getting glue of poly.

Alcohol, still the best.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
As opposed to just rinsing out residual alcohol... way too much effort.
Alcohol is too toxic. So much fumes. I actually feel sick after using it like that because I breath in so much, same with Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover. And as it evaporates so fast it doesn't effectively remove all the glue. I've got lots of glue the base usually, because I glue the whole area.