Is My Donor Are Too Thin For Fue? This Is 7 Words

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, any opinions on how many graft I might have? I really dont know if my donor area is thick enough.

Attachments

• Snapchat-397268644.jpg
    Snapchat-397268644.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 622

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank god! I am 23, I would guess im Norwood 3. I have diffuse thinning also, but most on top of head and not so much on crown area. I can add more photos when Im back from work.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20180128_210939[1].png
20180128_210823[1].png
20180128_210939[1].png
Any opinions on how a fue would be for me? Possible? I think my hair looks a little thicker here than irl, maybe better to put up with wet hair when I get it.

Attachments

• 20180128_211022[1].png
    20180128_211022[1].png
    467.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_20180125-205040[1].png
    Screenshot_20180125-205040[1].png
    584.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Screenshot_20180125-205103[1].png
    Screenshot_20180125-205103[1].png
    265.9 KB · Views: 365

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
At your age, the worry is thinning around any transplants as you get older. This is why it is often recommended to be on finasteride and minoxidil before and after.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil I can do, but finasteride I have allready tried twice and got sides I couldnt go on with.. So what more is there to do? How many grafts u think I need to cover up tempels and some of the diffusion on top?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil I can do, but finasteride I have allready tried twice and got sides I couldnt go on with.. So what more is there to do? How many grafts u think I need to cover up tempels and some of the diffusion on top?

Go FUT if you're not on finasteride. Also be prepared for multiple future procedures. Maybe 2000 in the hairline, none in the midscalp or crown yet.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is fut better if im not on finasteride?

Maximises chance of graft survival and use of donor area. If you're not on finasteride and diffusing like that you're going to be slick bald and for guys in their early 20s it usually happens within 5 years for the most part.

You'll definitely have to get multiple procedures if you go down this route.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But this might also be my only option I guess, if not something else comes out. How often would I need new hair transplant, you think? 3 years? 5 years? And I would need sh*t ton of grafts for this, if u think guys in my situation goes bald within 5 years..

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
But this might also be my only option I guess, if not something else comes out. How often would I need new hair transplant, you think? 3 years? 5 years? And I would need sh*t ton of grafts for this, if u think guys in my situation goes bald within 5 years..

You should have the money for a second within 2 years.

Honestly mate most doctors are going to reject you. Without finasteride and at your age you're a potential disaster in the making for them.

Unless money isn't an issue here you really should try to at least microdose finasteride at say 0.25mg.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Money isnt a problem, I tried before taking 0.25. Even 0.25 eod, even that I couldnt handle. Maybe I can try again later, since i could be in a better shape in my head, also non alcohol. Dont know if it would matter tho. Soo.. In other words, Im kinda fucked?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Money isnt a problem, I tried before taking 0.25. Even 0.25 eod, even that I couldnt handle. Maybe I can try again later, since i could be in a better shape in my head, also non alcohol. Dont know if it would matter tho. Soo.. In other words, Im kinda fucked?

It's mostly bro science talking but maybe try hitting the gym a bit and doing regular weights training before you start finasteride again.

You are largely fucked in the long term without finasteride. Maybe you could try nizoral 2% shampoo as well as minoxidil and RU58841 in the crown and midscalp, then go for the transplant just in the front too.

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's mostly bro science talking but maybe try hitting the gym a bit and doing regular weights training before you start finasteride again.

You are largely fucked in the long term without finasteride. Maybe you could try nizoral 2% shampoo as well as minoxidil and RU58841 in the crown and midscalp, then go for the transplant just in the front too.
Ye I guess that might be my best option, I was a champion in weighthlifting in my country, so I have always been lifting. Guess I have to get my hands on RU then.. and try finasteride agaian soon