Is Laser therapy any good?

formercurly

Reaction score
It's 12:45pm EDT and I have an appointment with Advanced Hair Solutions in Miami at 2:15 to discuss laser therapy for the scalp. I'm not going to commit to anything right now but I will definitely discuss it with them at great length and ask questions about everything I know and that I have learned in this forum. My regimen below hasn't been working with the exception of the dutasteride which I started this month so I'm getting desperate to try anything. I know there's laser comb's but I'll see what they have to offer. Any suggestions, comments and advice will be greatly appreciated.

G

Prepare for the Hard-Sell and the bullshit they will feed you.

They can only offer you stuff that you can buy on the internet and in pharmacies for a fraction of the price.

Apparently the lasercomb is good for bald patches on your dog's coat.

formercurly

Reaction score
Yeap, it's basically laser therapies with these machines that look like hair dryers in a beauty salon. Everything looked pretty convincing to me but it costs $3850 for a one year treatment and one year maintence after that. Has anyone had an experience with Advance Hair Solutions?

formercurly

Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
Prepare for the Hard-Sell and the bullshit they will feed you.

They can only offer you stuff that you can buy on the internet and in pharmacies for a fraction of the price.

Apparently the lasercomb is good for bald patches on your dog's coat.

Are you saying laser therapy is no good for us humans?

G

I see no advantage of going to a salon for laser therapy over using a laser comb. $3850 is a lot of money, and I don’t know if they have a money back guarantee, but the hairmax laser comb does. If your not satisfied with your results you can get your money back after 12weeks, or have your trial extended.
It’s your decision, but id say don’t waste your money at salons.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I was told by a worker in a hair loss clinic, that the laser comb has the same power as the in house lasers. You just got to use it more often...
I wouldnt waste my money with advanced hair the whole laser they use costs 10, 000 usd. If each client pays 3500, they are making big money...

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. If somebody has the balls to have a brick and mortar hair loss salon based on the laser comb technology....

sounds like it must work.

I think I may have to look at adding the laser comb to my regimen.

Goingat20

Reaction score
hair loss clinics make most of there money from hair replacement. They offer laser therapy as an initial option, and as patients hair doesnt regrow (unless they are good respnders of minoxidil). They then put them on the hair replacement program...'Laser therapy' is just to get customers comming in

G

advanced hair studios have been going for years and have offered laser therapy for years.

From what I know they will offer laser therapy for a year, then minoxidil plus saw palmetto tablets for a year or so, then finally, a system.

By this time you have paid in excess of £5000 ($10,000), and all you have out of it is a lot of embarrasment, wasted time, worry and a wig.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the laser comb for a while and have no positive or negative results to report. Laser therapy may help keep hair healthy but it sure as hell won't stop you going bald. It may do in people with very mild hairloss, but not people with regular male pattern baldness. I think Advanced Hair Studios use laser therapy to keep people coming into their salons while also selling them minoxidil which is what is actually helping to keep your hair. The thing is you can get minoxidil (Rogaine) cheaper at the shops. You can also get a laser comb for much less than the laser therapy will cost at Advanced Hair Studios. If you are looking to keep the hair you have your best bet will be to try Propecia, Rogaine and Nizoral shampoo rather than spend sh*t loads at Advanced Hair Studios.

Sol_5

Reaction score
i've went to the advanced hair studio for a year & probably would have gone for another year if i hadn't found this website!

CON ARTISTS is one way of describing them & this is being nice believe me!!!

They sell:

20 days minoxidil supply for £50!

Saw Palmetto £40 for 20 pills!!! (£10 for 100 on the internet!)

Laser therepy anything between £1000 for a month to £5,000!!! (depending on how gullable the person is!!)

Bullshit comes free

DON't use them or any other 'Hair clinic' you can buy everything they offer for 1,000,000 of the price

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
biff said:
Laser therapy may help keep hair healthy but it sure as hell won't stop you going bald. It may do in people with very mild hairloss, but not people with regular male pattern baldness. .

Ok biff, that's you but not me. My experience with this type of stuff is that I have been able to stop my hairloss and even keep my hair looking healthier and fuller. It might not work for you but I wouldn't make such a sweeping statement that it won't work for others with male pattern baldness imo.