is it too late!?!?!....

JohnnyO

Reaction score
i've been slowing balding for almost 8 years now....... at 15 i was beginning to notice a lot of fallen hair in the shower and a year later i was already struggling with different hair styles to hide my thinning areas..... at 18 i finally decided to shave my head and i haven't grown my hair since..... i'm now almost 23 and i would say i'm close to being a norwood 2 on the scale...... my hair kind of looks like vin diesel's (shaved head with a receeding hairline and thinning areas all over the top).....

now for a guy in my position, who's been balding for almost 8 years, what are my chances for hair re-growth using propecia/proscar and minoxidil? and also, do asians have a lesser chance of success using these products? i've heard that they don't work as well with non-caucasians (could be a myth?)........

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its never too late to maintain, and its not to late to get some of that hair back,.. however you will never regrow a full head of hair using curent products. Substantial regrowth is difficult and generally involves an agressive routine. You can have some regrowth using Min & finasteride but unless youre one of the lucky few, regrowth will not be terribly substantial.

While ethnicity affects the probability of male pattern baldness, the mechanics are the same, and products will have the same odds of working for you as they do anyone else.

G

JohnnyO said:
i've been slowing balding for almost 8 years now....... at 15 i was beginning to notice a lot of fallen hair in the shower and a year later i was already struggling with different hair styles to hide my thinning areas..... at 18 i finally decided to shave my head and i haven't grown my hair since..... i'm now almost 23 and i would say i'm close to being a norwood 2 on the scale...... my hair kind of looks like vin diesel's (shaved head with a receeding hairline and thinning areas all over the top).....

now for a guy in my position, who's been balding for almost 8 years, what are my chances for hair re-growth using propecia/proscar and minoxidil? and also, do asians have a lesser chance of success using these products? i've heard that they don't work as well with non-caucasians (could be a myth?)........

No it is not too late to regrow hair. I have seen no data which suggests a variation in effedtiveness by race.

Good luck.

:lol: