Is It Time To Quit Minoxidil? Advice Needed

Wowjpk

Reaction score
Hey guys..

Been on minoxidil for somewhere around a year now maybe a little more and finasteride about 8 months I believe. I haven't seen much promising results and honestly I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore with minoxidil. I'd stay on finasteride since it's just a pill but minoxidil is just a b**ch to apply.

I'll be one to admit though I usually would only use it once a day and since my area I used it on wasn't huge I used probably less than I should have. I think that maybe be a reason why it wasn't successful but it's too late for retrospection.

Has anyone quit and not have bad shedding?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe youre just non-responder at all.
Some guys here were restarting minoxidil after a break. But if you really dont see any profits. Maybe its really not worth.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
The important thing is whether it helped you at all.

If it helped you, even only slightly, this means you responded and when you stop you might get a small shed.

If it didn't help you then you are a non-responder and stopping won't induce a shed.

Did you experience an initial shed at the start? If so then it likely did something for you so I'd reccomend continuing it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride and used minoxidil off and on throughout my 7.5 years stint.

My hair definitely thickened, but then again finasteride was so effective for me, I dont recall ever getting any major sheds when I stopped.

What to say, I think you're probably stable on finasteride alone, at least based on my experience.

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the big three for a few years and just recently..two months ago..quit minoxidile. Still on 1 mg of finasteride and 2% keto and I feel my hair looks better than when I used the minoxidil.