Is it really happening to me? What do i do now?

carterk

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Here's my story - any thought about it would be much appreciated.
First of all, male pattern baldness doesn't run on my mother's side of the family, but it does on my father's side.
Sometime in June or July I started noticing that my pillow was filled with a bunch of hair every time I woke up in the morning. I asked my doctor about it, and he said that it could just be a 'hair cycle' of shedding that I was going through. Now its October and it seems to have slowed a little, but basically every time I run my hand through my hair, one or two hairs come fluttering out.
Though my wife swears that I'm being paranoid, I'm pretty sure that my hairline is receding in the classic male pattern baldness shape.
So...
Am I definitely starting the processs?
If so, what can I do to help slow things down??!!!

I need all the support I can get, so show me some love. I'm only 23, and I'd love to still have something up there by the time I hit 30.

Thanks to all of you brave men out there,
Carter

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is hard to tell from the evidence you present whether you are to join us in 'hair hell' or not. The average person not suffering loses around 100-150 hairs a day, so your 1 or 2 hairs coming out when you run your hand through your hair is no indication of male pattern baldness.