IS IT POSSIBLE....

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
that I've been on dutasteride for almost a year now.... and I've lost ground all the way through... AND the regrowth is just around the corner?

my hair is definately thinner now... bald spot noticable, and temples thinning....
I was maintaining alright on Propecia, which I used for 2 years, but I started to fall behind, and decided to go dutasteride....

is it possible that all this time have just been a big shed, to prepare for the insertion against my MBP? or am I simply a non responder to everything? or is my dutasteride counterfeit?

pleeease give me some info... all you guys out there...

LOVE THIS FORUM!

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
my development

just so you can see...

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 055.png
    055.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 06.png
    06.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,165

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
The question is what pictures do you think looked best? Also do use use any topicals spironolactone, caffine, niacin, minoxidil, ect?

Also consider getting some hormone tests done, perhaps the reason propecia was not working as well may be to too much bad estrogen or that DHT levels went even higher and a higher does was needed.

Pondle

Reaction score
Where are you getting your dutasteride from? If it's an unregulated online source, a counterfeit is a very real possibility.

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
getting dutasteride from elitenet..... some here say it should be ok...
my hormone levels? I've always had much ostrogen in my blood, but is that bad, and how so? and what would one do to remedy that?

T

Timi

My Hair get Thinner all over the Head (15 Month dutasteride Original Avodart from Qhi)
and looks very bad
the color from my Hairs chance from Darkblond Hairs to Yellowish Hairs
Back of the head very thin was with Proscar closed
Upper head very thin was with proscar closed
Front thin was with Proscar much better
the site arround the Ears very thin

i am back to Proscar 2x1,25mg Morning and evening

but this bad Hairs can make minoxidil
put it on Nov.2006 i stop it

must find the Reason
back to finasteride and see
later dutasteride???????????

Timi

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
I read in some andrology sites that Avodart caused regrowth in 75-80 years old patients!!!!!!!
This drug is very very powerfull and in young users caused telogen effluvium because increase too much testo and estrogens....
I don't find another reason to explain the massive shedding and the poor quality hair....

T

Timi

Andrea

Yes i have this reading what you mean

i was in a Prostatacancer Forum old Men with good succes with
Dutasterid Hair very good

i think my bad Hairs come from minoxidil

i see that the next time what my Hair makes without minoxidil

when the Hair get better i take slowly a little Dose off dutasteride
and see what the Hairs make

i have take 2004 minoxidil 11Month my Hairs ill and straw i have Quit minoxidil
6month later my Hairs fast dark and strong

minoxidil in the Front is for many Men the Dead of the Hairs

Timi

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Andrea.

Your hair looks better on dutasteride, from those pictures. It looks like your thin spot closed up a little.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks better for being on dutasteride certainly no worse so its stopped your loss at worst. Bit difficult to tell as always lighting conditions are different

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
The dry hair ("like straw" as our friend Timi says) is because Duta inibits the 5AR type 1 that is expressed in sebaceous glands. Without sebum the hairs looks thinner and the spots seems larger...