is it normal to thin ONLY on one side of your head?

dw99

Reaction score
i know that male pattern baldness is not always symmetrical, and that one side might be considerately more thin that the other, but is it normal for one side to be dramatically diffuse while the other side is perfectly in tact?

check out the link below to see where i am diffuse thinning. it's not me (my camera sucks) but i have outlined in the picture where i am diffuse thinning (front right wedge). it's not hitting my temple at all either, which is not like male pattern baldness from what i have read. my hairline hasn't moved back yet, but it's all getting pretty damn diffuse in that one area. and the left side of my head is in perfect shape... no hair loss at all.

anyhow, enough babbling.. here's the link

http://www.dwohlfahrt.com/P1010047.jpg

anyhow, what do you guys think? is this typical male pattern baldness?

G

That is the best one I've seen yet.

You have OCD don't you?

The area you have highlighted is absolutely no different to the rest of your head.

I defy anyone to disagree with me.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
I see absolutely no difference between the two sides of your head.

Where is the thinning?

dw99

Reaction score
no no no! i should have made this more clear. that's not me in the picture, it's just some headshot i got off of google images. i'm just using it to give an idea of where my thinning is. sorry for the confusion.

G

dw99 said:
no no no! i should have made this more clear. that's not me in the picture, it's just some headshot i got off of google images. i'm just using it to give an idea of where my thinning is. sorry for the confusion.

I have diffuse thinning in exactly the same area but on the right side of my head.

Left is thick as f***.

When I get a light shine on hairline it shows up like f***.

Hate it.

dw99

Reaction score
yeah, mine's actually on the right side too, but i got confused and drew it on the left since that's how i see it in the mirror.

nieltom88, do you have thinning anywhere else but in that area? do you get scalp pain? how long have you been experiencing hairloss?

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

G

dw99 said:
yeah, mine's actually on the right side too, but i got confused and drew it on the left since that's how i see it in the mirror.

nieltom88, do you have thinning anywhere else but in that area? do you get scalp pain? how long have you been experiencing hairloss?

anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I dont really get scalp pain but sometimes i can kind of 'feel' my thinning area.

I want to get my thyroid checked again because a common symptom is thinning on one side of the head.

I've also noticed lately that the hair on the actual side of my (on the right) is a bit thinner and more brittle and lately its got hard to style and sticks outwards.

Sirini

Reaction score
I want to get my thyroid checked again because a common symptom is thinning on one side of the head.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

the left side of my hair line is thinning , the right side is intact!