Is it dangerous to take oral finasteride, oral minoxidil, topical minoxidil, topical finasteride all at the same time?

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have to reduce the dose of one of one type (minoxidil or finasteride) to not kill your anrogens or raise your blood pressure, etc.

How much of each should be taken if someone happens to take all 4 at once.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Each carries their own risks, and the risks don't multiply on top of each other like you're implying.
For example, you probably already know oral finasteride's risk profile. Taking oral minoxidil or topical finasteride on top of that doesn't change oral finasteride's risk to you.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Each carries their own risks, and the risks don't multiply on top of each other like you're implying.
For example, you probably already know oral finasteride's risk profile. Taking oral minoxidil or topical finasteride on top of that doesn't change oral finasteride's risk to you.
don't you think even individually they eventually will bite you in teh ***.

I mean can you tell me each of their risks just so I am sure of what they are?

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't you think even individually they eventually will bite you in teh ***.

I mean can you tell me each of their risks just so I am sure of what they are?
You can google the risks for each which will be better than me telling you.
I'll elaborate that with finasteride the risks are a bit more severe than they officially describe. Look up Post-Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) so you fully know what you're getting in to. Topical finasteride has a lower chance of causing the same side-effects of oral finasteride.
For oral minoxidil, staying 5mg/day or less should be ok. It's a blood pressure treatment but when prescribed for that purpose then it's like 10mg+/day.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can google the risks for each which will be better than me telling you.
I'll elaborate that with finasteride the risks are a bit more severe than they officially describe. Look up Post-Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) so you fully know what you're getting in to. Topical finasteride has a lower chance of causing the same side-effects of oral finasteride.
For oral minoxidil, staying 5mg/day or less should be ok. It's a blood pressure treatment but when prescribed for that purpose then it's like 10mg+/day.
you still apply topical finasteride just to the head right?