is generic dutasteride legit?

jsmith19

Reaction score
is generic dutasteride not as effective as avodart? Is Dutas legitimate dutasteride? HairLossTalk.com do you know?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've only heard good things about Dutas... although I haven't heard so much about Duprost and Dutagen...

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I think generic are "legit". I tried finpecia for month and did not realize a difference to propecia.
I asked my doctor - he said: generic drugs are "legit". And not ony for hairloss.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jsmith19 said:
is generic dutasteride not as effective as avodart? Is Dutas legitimate dutasteride? HairLossTalk.com do you know?

Like with brand-name drugs It comes from pharmacies which jealously guard their reputation. I would therefore say it has pretty much the same chance of being fake as the branded stuff. (I'm happy with my Duprost)

billiboy

Reaction score
Is it legit?

I have same question. Both Avodart and Propecia have long term patent protection. According to my mail order pharmacy, there are no generics for these brands. So, unless they were granted a license by mfg(unlikely) or they skirt patent laws outside US, I really wonder if it is the same chemical.

Am I wrong?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Dr. Reddy's is based in India. They produce the generics there, where they don't need a patent.

The FDA allows for the importation of a 90-day supply of medication without a prescription.

Lisztman

Reaction score
Sorry for the slight necromancy...
Is there any information on reliable controls being placed on the quality of generics produced outside of the U.S.? Like, U.S. products, both generic, and name brand, both have strict FDA quality controls placed on them, to ensure that the consumer doesn't just get a sugar pill, or what have you.
Has there been any investigations done on the quality?
I hope someone can answer this.
Thanks.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
couldn't you just have one of your pills tested to see if it's legit?

Lisztman

Reaction score
nervx said:
couldn't you just have one of your pills tested to see if it's legit?

I suppose that might be possible. But you would have to have ready access to a high end chem lab, with gas chromatograph, and everything.
I think it might cost a great deal of money to ask some company that does testing, to test the quality of one pill.

Goingat20

Reaction score
some guy in regrowth.com posted this about his experience using both brand name dutasteride and dutas.
Hey Guys, I have and am taking Dutasteride but sometimes due to financial reasons I take Dutas.I thought it was my imagination and maybe it is but I find Dutasteride stronger than Dutas.They are meant to be the same medicine just marketed differently but I found last year and again this year that Dutasteride has a more noticable effect. My libido is much lower on Dutasteride than on Dutas.I associate lower libido with lower Testosterone and therefore lower DHT.Given a choice now I would prefer to take Dutasteride as it just feels stronger.Personally low libido does not bother me if it means greater DHT reduction. This could all be in my head but this is the second time I noticed this.I am convinced at least in my case that the Dutasteride is better than Dutas even though I know they are meant to be the same medicine

This makes me think that ive been wasting years and letting my hair get worse using dutas