Is finasteride A Bad Idea...

bubka

Reaction score
if you are done growing (and you likely are if you have started losing hair) no, but consult a physician and or endocrinologist 1st

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I might go to my physician this week. Would he be able to give mea prescription?

Any other opinions?

bubka

Reaction score
it is totally up to his/her discretion, some do not see male pattern baldness as a medical condition to treat, others do...

i am sure they will want to make sure you are suffering from male pattern baldness first too

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you've stopped developing, then im sure 0.25mg of finasteride a day or perhaps even 0.5mg wont hurt.

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the problem. I don't know if i've stopped developing. How can I know?

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BEHMESH said:
That's the problem. I don't know if i've stopped developing. How can I know?

Some don't fully realize maturity or development until their mid-twenties. That being said, I can only speak for myself. And if I were balding at seventeen, I would only be using minoxidil. I would only consider using finasteride at 21-years of age, and beyond.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have u been growing for the past couple of years? i havent grown since i was 15 so taking finasteride at 17 probably wouldnt be a problem for me! if you've looked the same for the past year or two, try 0.25mg of finasteride then increase it up to 1mg a day once you get older. otherwise, wait until you've matured to start finasteride.