Is Dutasteride available online WITHOUT a prescription???

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
I know where to find Finasteride online without one but is dutasteride available somewhere???

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help but DAMN, dutasteride is still alittle too expensive for me. Even the 100 pill bottle breaks down to $2.35.day, which doesnt seem like a lot, but it is. :wink:

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
try qhi.co.uk they do avodart, and i think they must be one of the cheaper places on the net

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
ChiaHead said:
Thanks for the help but DAMN, dutasteride is still alittle too expensive for me. Even the 100 pill bottle breaks down to $2.35.day, which doesnt seem like a lot, but it is. :wink:

After the first two weeks I cut down to taking one capsule every other day, dutasteride has a half-life of 240 hours so you should be able to get the same results with a less frequent dosage.

No reason to give Glaxo any more money than you have to.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Even taking it twice a week would still have more inhibition than 5mg of finasteride a day.....

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
scottie311 said:
Even taking it twice a week would still have more inhibition than 5mg of finasteride a day.....

Avodart (Dutasteride)
Ref: 800 EU: US: $ 202.70 = 90 caps x 0.5mg

that breaks down to $2.25/day ($67/mo) if taken everyday or $1.13/day if taken every other day or about 34/mo.

I still think finasteride is acceptable for now considering it blocks 70% of DHT, and dutasteride blocks 85-90%....so for the price differenct, im waiting with my finasteride for now!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
ChiaHead said:
I still think finasteride is acceptable for now considering it blocks 70% of DHT, and dutasteride blocks 85-90%....so for the price differenct, im waiting with my finasteride for now!

I should've said that as you've been taking finasteride for about 9 months that it's still too early to switch to dutasteride, in my opinion. Need to give it at least 18 months I reckon, unless the loss is particularly bad.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
After the first two weeks I cut down to taking one capsule every other day, dutasteride has a half-life of 240 hours so you should be able to get the same results with a less frequent dosage.

Not really. The blood level of dutasteride determines how well it's able to inhibit 5a-reductase, and the blood level is proportional to the dose that you take. If you cut your dose in half by taking it every other day, you'll have a little LESS than half the blood level you'd have otherwise, because of dutasteride's nonlinear metabolization characteristics. You'll have less 5a-reductase inhibition.

Bryan

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Bryan said:
If you cut your dose in half by taking it every other day, you'll have a little LESS than half the blood level you'd have otherwise, because of dutasteride's nonlinear metabolization characteristics. You'll have less 5a-reductase inhibition.

Bryan

Judging from my results over the last 8 and a half months taking dutasteride every other day is still a very effective treatment even if it is less potent than a daily dose would be.

Slarti