Is Dermarolling Risky To Do At Home?

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
Is dermarolling risky? Can it cause life threatening infections specially if you have scalp acne. I have heard that cheap dermarollers can tear skin and sometimes needles can get stuck in the head after breaking. Is it really worth doing dermarollers by urself?I don't know how people are so comfortable doing something that involves blood

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
Is dermarolling risky? Can it cause life threatening infections specially if you have scalp acne. I have heard that cheap dermarollers can tear skin and sometimes needles can get stuck in the head after breaking. Is it really worth doing dermarollers by urself?I don't know how people are so comfortable doing something that involves blood

Seems people tend to use alcohol to disinfect their needles, but alcohol doesn't kill everything. How much of a cause for concern that is, I don't know.

I also wonder whether rust is a concern what with soaking the needles in alcohol constantly.

Hairguru

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems people tend to use alcohol to disinfect their needles, but alcohol doesn't kill everything. How much of a cause for concern that is, I don't know.

I also wonder whether rust is a concern what with soaking the needles in alcohol constantly.

I use any disinfectant works fine, the needles are Titanium so they will never rust.