Is a person's race a factor in baldness?

Cypocalypse

Reaction score
Well, I just notice that more white men are susceptible to balness than any other race.

Therefore, is the effectiveness of hair treatments formulas also race dependent?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is true, Androgenetic Alopecia is more common in caucasians then in other races. Still, the mechanisms are the same. That being said, everyones individual chemistry is somewhat different, and different treatments work for different people. If you're balding, you're balding, regardless of race, and the available treatments are as likely to work for you as they are anyone.

hopewas

Reaction score
you have got to be kidding me. that is so untrue..sounds like something someone says who lives in a location with lots of whites where they can't make a good analysis

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, its true.

From Keratin.com:
Androgenetic alopecia affects between 50 and 80% of Caucasian men. A rule of thumb is for men in their thirties, 30% have androgenetic alopecia. For men in their forties, 40% have alopecia and so on until 80% of men are affected when 80 or more years old. Different ethnic backgrounds have different susceptibility levels towards the development of androgenetic alopecia. The Chinese male population has a similar progressive increase in those affected with advance in age but in total baldness is much less common compared to Caucasian males. The numbers of Chinese males affected by androgenetic alopecia is approximately half that of Caucasian males. American Indians and African Americans also have a lower incidence of androgenetic alopecia compared to Caucasians. These frequency differences between races suggests genetic predisposition is important in pattern baldness susceptibility.

flux
(the most annoying person on HairLossTalk.com)

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
flux said:
No, its true.

From Keratin.com:
Androgenetic alopecia affects between 50 and 80% of Caucasian men. A rule of thumb is for men in their thirties, 30% have androgenetic alopecia. For men in their forties, 40% have alopecia and so on until 80% of men are affected when 80 or more years old. Different ethnic backgrounds have different susceptibility levels towards the development of androgenetic alopecia. The Chinese male population has a similar progressive increase in those affected with advance in age but in total baldness is much less common compared to Caucasian males. The numbers of Chinese males affected by androgenetic alopecia is approximately half that of Caucasian males. American Indians and African Americans also have a lower incidence of androgenetic alopecia compared to Caucasians. These frequency differences between races suggests genetic predisposition is important in pattern baldness susceptibility.

flux
(the most annoying person on HairLossTalk.com)

JUST LIKE I'VE ALWAYS SAID

WHITEY IS THE INFERIOR RACE. KILL WHITEY.

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
10% of the world population, yet our accomplishements are above and beyond that of any other race.

ya, were inferior =P

Cypocalypse

Reaction score
I'm just wondering cuz the test subjects of hair treatment experiments are mostly whites. Maybe the effects could vary if the race of the test subjects is different.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Cypocalypse said:
I'm just wondering cuz the test subjects of hair treatment experiments are mostly whites.
Fascinating. I didn't know this. Where did you learn this?

jerry grant

Stingray

Reaction score
Because it's cheap...and online.