Is 47 too old to date an 8 year old (9 next week)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm against 18 year olds marrying. They just became an adult to make decisions, but don't know who they are yet. I see nothing wrong with 18 year olds dating older adults if they get along well. I think a huge financially binding commitment like marriage should be for 21+.

ali777

Reaction score
tembo said:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/17/saudi.child.marriage/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

What would they talk about?

There are religious (?) fanatics everywhere mate... Why don't you post a few links about the Christian sects in the US who practice child marriage and polygamy?

The link you sent and the sects in the US are the same, they both do it in the name of religion.

Two wrongs don't make a right... They are both wrong, but you know very well what your motivation is in sending that link.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn! this is fucked up, some groups never learn :shakehead: .. poor little girls :(

s.a.f

Reaction score
This is just legalised peadophilia.

The Gardener

Reaction score
ali777 said:
There are religious (?) fanatics everywhere mate... Why don't you post a few links about the Christian sects in the US who practice child marriage and polygamy?
True, but in the US, these sects are considered COMPLETE WACKOS by the general populace, and the FBI is intent on breaking them up. Just recently, the FBI raided their compound in Texas and freed the child "brides".

This is a COMPLETELY different paradigm than that practiced in the cited article, where the government actually SANCTIONED the child abuse marriages.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Why do I feel the need to fondle my AR-15 when looking at a picture of that cleric? :firing:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Why do I feel the need to fondle my AR-15 when looking at a picture of that cleric? :firing:
Tell me about it...i belive my tursty Fn Mag 58 is more suiteable for the job tho.... :bigun2:

:innocent:

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Great gun Smooth.

Here's a good description of that FN firearm (a great, venerable machine gun).

http://remtek.com/arms/fn/mag/index.htm

Btw, your signature line DOES NOT apply to that POS cleric. If that guy said it was ok for me to have married off my 10 year old daughter I would have blown his head off and thought nothing of it.

And if I agreed with him, it would have been ok for you to have blown my head off! :)

Where do these wack jobs come from? We've got some here also and it's disgusting!! :nono:

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I don't understand why they can't just leave the little kids alone - there's plenty of adults. jeez! :thumbdown2:

because they have small penises, and they are intimidated by older, fully developed, experienced women.

barca FC

Reaction score
tembo would you have posted this link if that happened in....lets say china ?

Old Baldy said:

I get the same feeling when I see priests who have been accused of child molestation.

The Gardener

Reaction score
tembo said:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/01/17/saudi.child.marriage/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

What would they talk about?
Global warming?... What the soup of the day is at Chilis?... Beyonce Knowles' latest album?....

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted this thread because some guy was asking the exact same kind of question recently (much closer ages), and I thought this was so shocking in comparison.

Not sure why Ali and Barca (priests) brought in religion in a self defense kind of way. I would have expected that from Hammy.

Here is that thread:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=49296

ali777

Reaction score
tembo said:
I posted this thread because some guy was asking the exact same kind of question recently (much closer ages), and I thought this was so shocking in comparison.

Not sure why Ali and Barca (priests) brought in religion in a self defense kind of way. I would have expected that from Hammy.

Here is that thread:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=49296

Because you consistently post racist remarks in this forum.... Trust me, I hate Islam as much as you do, I hate any form of indoctrination... I might post the odd comment criticising US or Israel's policies but I have nothing against the American or the Jewish culture. You on the other hand, have a problem with the Islamic culture...

I read the link you posted, and there are two things that stick out:
1. The guy is not allowed to consummate the marriage until the girl reaches puberty.
2. The girl isn't considered to be an adult until she reaches puberty and she can't request a divorce until she reaches puberty..

Basically, if she's a lucky girl the day she reaches her puberty she can request a divorce before she's raped. The chances are the divorce will be turned down and she will be raped....

Unfortunately, they justify the rape with religion and culture.... In defence to the Muslims, as far as I know, apart from the Wahhabi controlled Gulf states and probably in Afghanistan (that's one f*cked up country at the moment), polygamy and child marriage is illegal in all the countries where the Muslims are in the majority. Even in the Gulf, it's probably more of an exception...

As barca said, I don't think you would have posted the link if it was something happening in let's say China...

Status
Not open for further replies.