interesting article about soy

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
bad link

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
lets see... Asians eat tons of soy,and marine protein, and drink gallons of green tea, and rarely end up balding.....coincidence?

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
that's weird ColtsFan...almost every single Asian male I have seen over the age of 40 *IS* balding. On the crown, with a receding hairline. By Asian I mean, the traditional American term, which doesn't include Indians/Pak, etc.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Well less Asians suffer from male pattern baldness but I'll bet it has more to do with genetics than diet.

Once you have male pattern baldness, you can eat and drink all the right stuff you want and it will only amount to 2 things. Jack and sh*t.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Its insane to think hairloss is a result of diet. The pattern of hairloss is to similiar and so is the age that it starts for it to be a result of diet or caffiene.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
genetic hairloss is caused by dht being genetically programmed to make you lose hair. My point is that if you ingest things that either reduce dht or or block it from the receptors, (ie proscar, green tea, soy, etc) then you
may stave off hairloss.

you say its crazy that what you "eat" can effect hairloss, but if you "eat" proscar it works, apparently these studies are showing that if you eat soy it may work as well, plus most Asians that consume western diets lose more hair than those who stick to their traditional eastern diet of fish,veggies, soy and green tea.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will have to agree with Celtictigyr on this one...i have also seen many balding asians........not only that they start out with very thin hair.Plus i have eatin alot of asian food and to be honest ..i dont know how you can live off that sh*t......i can be full as hell and i get hungry again like 10 mintues after i eat it.Goes right through you like taco bell and burger king breakfast.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I really hope somebody markets this "equol" stuff. Sounds like it has real promise. I would start eating soy but since only like 35% of people actually produce equol, it's likely not going to work. Perhaps a much higher percentage of Asians produce it when they consume soy.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
george,

may wanna supplement daizden(sp?) which may convert equol...over @ HLH they have posted some sources for it.

Apparently its best used in coated form and is fairly cheap.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't daizden have to be used in conjunction with something else,I forget what it's called?

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
yea I would go over to HLH today, theres some pretty good info getting passed around regarding this issue