Intercytex Interview April 2008

Durandel

Reaction score
Here's the interview:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board ... -DESC.html

The interview produced lots of questionable speculation. However the only things really given in the interview are:

1) The Phase II trial results for Trichocyte are expected to be released in mid to late 2009
2) Trichocyte is currently expected to go commercial in 5 years plus

Putting it simply, we're left guessing about this till autumn/fall 2009. Then we'll get a much better idea of what's on offer and when it's coming. Till then, who knows?

jonny21

Reaction score
I guess the whole "it'll be out in 5 years" theory is out the window....LOL....As much as I'm anxious to hear more about this stuff, I really don't think it will be out and available for a long time......just my guess. Either way, good find, thanks for posting it.

bonzo

My Regimen
Reaction score
what an awful interview! that guy should have really run his responses by his PA dept first!
i used to log into this board every now and then to see updates on the HM process with so much quiet optimism, this has just nailed that coffin shut
with my admittedly limited knowledge of the regulatory system, even I know that phase III is going to take a LONG time if II has been so delayed

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I blame the MRHA for labeling the procedure as a drug and causing this delay. It's not a drug! You're using your own cells for crying out loud!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know, I love the part about it taking the "regulators" anywhere from 18 to 24 months AFTER they get the data to give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down. I guess first they have to pull their thumbs out of their ASSES!!! =) I mean, what the hell do they do in a span of 1 1/2 to 2 years!?!

18 - 24 months. What could I accomplish in two years? I could probably get a Masters degree in Quantum Physics in 2 f*ing years! Sometimes I wonder if I could actually start taking some chemistry courses from scratch and get an advanced degree in chemistry, and figure this sh*t out faster than it will take Intercytex to develop it and push it through clinical trials.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a loss with words elquapo, I'm angry about this and I hope Follica doesn't go through the same crap.

Re75

Reaction score
elguapo said:
I know, I love the part about it taking the "regulators" anywhere from 18 to 24 months AFTER they get the data to give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down. I guess first they have to pull their thumbs out of their ASSES!!! =) I mean, what the hell do they do in a span of 1 1/2 to 2 years!?!

18 - 24 months. What could I accomplish in two years? I could probably get a Masters degree in Quantum Physics in 2 f*ing years! Sometimes I wonder if I could actually start taking some chemistry courses from scratch and get an advanced degree in chemistry, and figure this sh*t out faster than it will take Intercytex to develop it and push it through clinical trials.

Stuff like that fills me with rage. A signficant organization from the public needs to put pressure on this group and say that time span is unacceptable no matter how long it's been the norm.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There seems to be a growing consensus based on the evidence that either of these companies will produce "the next thing" within a little over five years. That is good. That gives me hope. Why shouldn't they come up with a cure for baldness in my lifetime with modern science being as advanced as it is, and improving into the near future.