Intercytex ICX-TRC interim results

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably mid-2008 when they're done with Phase II. I still think it will be 2010 or 2009 for a release depending if they can bring the product to market after Phase II without regulations. They need to start making money if they want to survive.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
The fact that it wont be a perfected procedure .. even when it comes out.. I dont think Id wanna get it.. I guess like i read somewhere over here that it would take years for them to get better with.. kindda like early hairtransplant and today's.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think there is a difference though... early transplants *looked* like sh*t. HM is going to look like normal hair because -- when it grows-- it is normal hair. It's only the procedure used to cause it to grow that's the abnormal part.

So the improvements will likely be in effectiveness. It could be that the first generation just won't grow that much hair per procedure.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Yeah, I think there is a difference though... early transplants *looked* like $#iT. HM is going to look like normal hair because -- when it grows-- it is normal hair. It's only the procedure used to cause it to grow that's the abnormal part.

So the improvements will likely be in effectiveness. It could be that the first generation just won't grow that much hair per procedure.

I dont think we can be so sure about that. There is no one telling us that the hair that HM is growing will be perfect hair (in thickness, color and texture) like the ones you have on your donor area. Yes the cell that caused the hair to grow come from your donor area but the creation of a new hair is a preety complicated procedure and there might be some problems that Intercytex has to deal with.

For example they may be able to grow 100hair/cm2 (which is a very acceptable density) but if the hair are thin, fine and perhaps a little lighter in color or different in texture, the result will not be good.

God, all we can do for now is guess.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my skin is thinner and hard in all the areas that im thinning in, so i wonder if hair is really meant to stay there regardless of dht. it seems that the back of the head is spongey and i wonder if that has something to do with why hair is so thick in that area. Im just wondering if this hm is going to work. I really hope it does.

Im skeptical about how great the quality of the hair will be and if it really will come out that fast. 2 years just seems very close which is good but i just hope its not marketing hype.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
You raise a good point, sauce. There is undeniably a level of subcutaneous and cutaneous scarring that goes on. It's an auto-inflammatory response and it does damage the skin. I'm not sure how much reverse improvement could be done with injections, and I think that's part of the reason this stuff isn't working like pouring fertilizer on well-watered fescue.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly from the PDF, they stimulated the epidermis for the second group for hair to grow and it worked on all subjects. I just wonder what can be used for skin that has been bald and shiny for some time to make it grow again.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I might get peptides to see if I can repair my skin, what do they do flimflam?