Intercytex end-year clinical update.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just some new info on ICX-TRC:

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/rele ... 007-12-18/

ICX-TRC

ICX-TRC is a novel hair regeneration product. It consists of a suspension of autologous dermal papilla (DP) cells. These cells are able to stimulate the generation of new hairs when injected into the scalp in close proximity to the epithelial cells which generate the hair.

In September this year we announced the first results from the current Phase II trial. In the sub-group of subjects (5 in total) whose scalp was pre-stimulated at the time of injection all subjects showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells.

A further 5 subjects have now been treated with ICX-TRC using the pre-stimulation technique with 2 more expected in January. By the end of March 2008 we expect to announce preliminary 12 week data on up to 16 subjects in total and preliminary 24 week data on up to 10 subjects.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ICX-TRC is a novel hair regeneration product. It consists of a suspension of autologous dermal papilla (DP) cells. These cells are able to stimulate the generation of new hairs when injected into the scalp in close proximity to the epithelial cells which generate the hair.

Do the injected cells "stimulate" the generation of new hairs, or do they generate new hairs themselves? I'm confused. Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Hell, whoever wrote this probably wanted to get home to the family, and begin Christmas break.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it means stimulate elquapo. If that's it, good because I have a ton of vellus hairs everywhere!

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess that's what the DP cells do - stimulate the keratinocytes or whatever to produce hair. I'm sure I learned that when I first found this site 4 years ago. Damn, I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, it makes sense now. Can't wait until March comes around for another update from Intercytex!

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just wish they have some real info. I mean information you can understand. Not just this stupid percentages which could mean anything. Photos would be ideal as well but i guess we will have to wait another 9 months for that.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSEC ... source=RNS

30 January 2008 – Intercytex Group plc (LSE: ICX), the regenerative medicine company developing innovative products to restore skin and hair, today announces that it will report its preliminary results for the year ending 31 December 2007 on Tuesday 18 March 2008.

Im not sure if this is finance results or the studies that we are waiting on

Kube8

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/LSECWS/IFSPages/MarketNewsPopup.aspx?id=1696439&source=RNS

30 January 2008 – Intercytex Group plc (LSE: ICX), the regenerative medicine company developing innovative products to restore skin and hair, today announces that it will report its preliminary results for the year ending 31 December 2007 on Tuesday 18 March 2008.

Im not sure if this is finance results or the studies that we are waiting on

Well I'm excited. I wish there were more test subjects, but I suppose we'll take what we can get.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so we still on for this deadline?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to burst you bubble, but that is referring to their financial results :/

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but they do mention on their website...

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/news/rele ... 007-12-18/

That they expect to announce an update on the clinical trials this month as well.

ICX-TRC

In September this year we announced the first results from the current Phase II trial. In the sub-group of subjects (5 in total) whose scalp was pre-stimulated at the time of injection all subjects showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells.

A further 5 subjects have now been treated with ICX-TRC using the pre-stimulation technique with 2 more expected in January. By the end of March 2008 we expect to announce preliminary 12 week data on up to 16 subjects in total and preliminary 24 week data on up to 10 subjects.

I think they will make the announcement this month as they say they will. They have been good about that so far. Whether they made progress or not is another matter.