Immunosuppressant drug reduces dkk-, tgf-beta in DP cells

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
PubMed
Clear input Search
Mycophenolate Antagonizes IFN-γ-Induced Catagen-Like Changes via β-Catenin Activation in Human Dermal Papilla Cells and Hair Follicles.

AuthorsRyu S, et al. Show all Journal
Int J Mol Sci. 2014 Sep 22;15(9):16800-16815.

Affiliation
Abstract
Recently, various immunosuppressant drugs have been shown to induce hair growth in normal hair as well as in alopecia areata and androgenic alopecia; however, the responsible mechanism has not yet been fully elucidated. In this study, we investigate the influence of mycophenolate (MPA), an immunosuppressant, on the proliferation of human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs) and on the growth of human hair follicles following catagen induction with interferon (IFN)-γ. IFN-γ was found to reduce β-catenin, an activator of hair follicle growth, and activate glycogen synthase kinase (GSK)-3β, and enhance expression of the Wnt inhibitor DKK-1 and catagen inducer transforming growth factor (TGF)-β2. IFN-γ inhibited expression of ALP and other dermal papillar cells (DPCs) markers such as Axin2, IGF-1, and FGF 7 and 10. MPA increased β-catenin in IFN-γ-treated hDPCs leading to its nuclear accumulation via inhibition of GSK3β and reduction of DKK-1. Furthermore, MPA significantly increased expression of ALP and other DPC marker genes but inhibited expression of TGF-β2. Therefore, we demonstrate for the first time that IFN-γ induces catagen-like changes in hDPCs and in hair follicles via inhibition of Wnt/β-catenin signaling, and that MPA stabilizes β-catenin by inhibiting GSK3β leading to increased β-catenin target gene and DP signature gene expression, which may, in part, counteract IFN-γ-induced catagen in hDPCs.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, a Dkk-1 inhibitor. Question is whether that is enough or if we need upregulation of other factors like FGF-9 as well.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i told you how fgf9 upregulates
Oh yeah, a Dkk-1 inhibitor. Question is whether that is enough or if we need upregulation of other factors like FGF-9 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/wrr.12212/abstract

Anyone with access please. Ben has been getting a hard time believing that irradiation energy boosts hair growth (fgf9 upregulation.) Ex. Lllt, laser skin ablation,bbq guy,sunburn hair growth.....

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have a hard time comprehending basic sentences. I will quote from the abstract:
Our results demonstrated that laser ablation [...]
LLLT does not ablate.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FGF9 is not released as a response to radiation, but as a response to damage. You could've found that out from Wikipedia, by the way.

What do all the cases you listed, except for LLLT, have in common? They damage tissue. Ablation, sunburn, BBQ guy. All of them do damage. That is why FGF9 is released in these cases, not because they are radiation. On top of that, BBQ guy is not a consequence of radiation but of burning, which is an oxidative process.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they damage skin with heat. a wound done by burn grows maybe 10 times more hairs than a wound done not with heat. but iradiation is mimicking a burn in a much lower scale.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh come on, stop with the bullsh1t already. The level of heat emitted by LLLT is only slightly above that of the heater in your home. Go sit in front of that heater, regrow your hair there, and tell us how you cured hairloss (again).

And no, iradiation is not mimicking burn on a much lower scale. Finish school, please.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you must finish the school. learn what a field is. learn what a wavelength is.then seek answers.

- - - Updated - - -

heater lol. how retarted must be,.

various wavelngths penetrate the skin.(lllt and laser can penetrate), the effect releases growth factors,NO etc like prp does and even more. still not a believer. i cant do sth. stay like that man.

- - - Updated - - -

oh i forgot. in the prison school you went. keep learning about everything with rules. omg how mentaly constiputed you must be.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you must finish the school. learn what a field is. learn what a wavelength is.then seek answers.
I finished university with my minor being physics, so I think I got that covered. But thanks for your concern.

various wavelngths penetrate the skin.(lllt and laser can penetrate), the effect releases growth factors
Penetration of waves alone does not release growth factors, damage to tissue does as I explained before (and as you can read on Wikipedia). Otherwise you could regrow hair with your mobile phone. Its waves also penetrate skin pretty well. Maybe you should start sitting in front of your heater and hold your phone against your head to regrow hair?

You claim that stuff ("radiation releases growth factors") over and over again without any proof. It would be nice for a change if you finally provided any, but I guess that doesn't happen. Just like when you claimed RepliCel was acquired by Shiseido.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ben. you are wrong over something that works.

and yes there are not any kind of exact papers prooving the concept. but many for similar technologies. what inside you stops from even quastioning that it might have an effect on hair,?

please look at goog scho for impulsed laser and effect on skin. there numerous studies proving its saidbefore properties(vegf,no, upregulation of, etc etc.)

an example on an identical tech. http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546634.2012.723121

if you are not on a hurry decreasing me. search and you ll come across. fgf9-human skin-angiogenesys-iradiation

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what inside you stops from even quastioning that it might have an effect on hair,?
My job. If I just assumed things to work unless disproven, I'd lose my job in no time.

The paper you cite uses a photoenhancer (which I could find no support for, by the way) and works at a wavelength way out of the areas in which LLLT operates. There is still no proof that LLLT works. And given how LLLT is advertised as something that regrows hair, there should be some papers by now which examine potential effects on FGF. But there aren't.

Now the problem with all your argumentation is: It changes all the time. You just want to believe so badly. You claim that radiation in general releases FGF9, which is completely wrong. You claim that "burns mimick radiation", which is also completely wrong. What explanation comes next?

But the worst thing is that you only accept the implications of your "explanations" that you like: You like "radiation leads to FGF9 expression". That would, however, also mean that your mobile phone could regrow hair with its radiation. Which is, obviously, bullsh1t so you don't like that. Before that, you claim that "heat radiation" regrows hair, claiming that is how LLLT works and you like that explanation because it fits in your perspective. But that would mean that your heater could regrow hair. Which is, obviously, bullsh1t so you don't like that.

So, what funny explanation will you come up with next?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ben you are mentally constiputed. i dont give a **** if lllt works on hair or not but it is proven that those have an impact on cell. generally increasing microvessels etc etc. like skin rebuilding.

the study prooves that fgf was raised now either you are a mazochist or dont know man, not my problem.

- - - Updated - - -

and stop saying that i said burns mimick iradiation. lol.

vause i said it in lay mans way and yes the cell biochemical reaction is identical.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
PubMed
Clear input Search
Mycophenolate Antagonizes IFN-γ-Induced Catagen-Like Changes via β-Catenin Activation in Human Dermal Papilla Cells and Hair Follicles.

AuthorsRyu S, et al. Show all Journal
Int J Mol Sci. 2014 Sep 22;15(9):16800-16815.

Affiliation
Abstract
Recently, various immunosuppressant drugs have been shown to induce hair growth in normal hair as well as in alopecia areata and androgenic alopecia; however, the responsible mechanism has not yet been fully elucidated. In this study, we investigate the influence of mycophenolate (MPA), an immunosuppressant, on the proliferation of human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs) and on the growth of human hair follicles following catagen induction with interferon (IFN)-γ. IFN-γ was found to reduce β-catenin, an activator of hair follicle growth, and activate glycogen synthase kinase (GSK)-3β, and enhance expression of the Wnt inhibitor DKK-1 and catagen inducer transforming growth factor (TGF)-β2. IFN-γ inhibited expression of ALP and other dermal papillar cells (DPCs) markers such as Axin2, IGF-1, and FGF 7 and 10. MPA increased β-catenin in IFN-γ-treated hDPCs leading to its nuclear accumulation via inhibition of GSK3β and reduction of DKK-1. Furthermore, MPA significantly increased expression of ALP and other DPC marker genes but inhibited expression of TGF-β2. Therefore, we demonstrate for the first time that IFN-γ induces catagen-like changes in hDPCs and in hair follicles via inhibition of Wnt/β-catenin signaling, and that MPA stabilizes β-catenin by inhibiting GSK3β leading to increased β-catenin target gene and DP signature gene expression, which may, in part, counteract IFN-γ-induced catagen in hDPCs.

If this can be turned into a topical I'm willing to try it.... it's molecular mass is only 320 dalton which is damn small and will easily penetrate skin;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycophenolic_acid

So... CellCept turned into a topical??

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone... anyone?