Im so scared that its just going to get worse...

lorraineC

Reaction score
....i'm 25 yrs old, ive always had fine hair but lots of it, always loved to style my long blonde/ brown hair, take care of it with all the latest products etc, get it cut regularily... it was one part of me, although a bit fine, that i felt happy about, was neevr overly thrilled with my looks (got an extraordinary big nose, big ears, big chin, dont liek my body shape btu yeah i knwo most women think like this too!)

so yes, one part i was really becoming happy wtih was my hair, had it restyled last yr and i was over the mooon, new fringe, had grown a fair bit, beautiful colours put in

came off the pill 9 months ago (only just read abotu this possibly connection on this site) , also lost a stone in weight (again think to do with coming off the pill)

i also went through a very very stressful time eariler this year for 3 months i thought i'd lost the plot

Any way.... 2 months ago... gettin changed in a changin room in a clothes store.... i was HORRIFIED :( i coudl see my scalp near the front of my hair and a huge hair line under the glaring light.... i rememeber my heart beating so hard, i wanted to just die there and then.,

ive been obssessed ever since... if i dnot put styling products in it its less notciable, if i use thickenin shampoos it dont look too bad, but now its gettin that little bit worse and im so scared im gonnna end up wtih very thin hair all ovr my scalp at 25 :( i cant bear the thought

anyway, i've been reading the info on this site and i will continue my research for a few more weeks and sadly somehow im going to have to try and find the money to go private no doubt over here in the UK . i will speak to my GP but i doubt i'll get the answers.

another query is how do i approach this subject with friends? im so embarrassed, theres only one or two i think i could confide in, or thought i could, but im too scared to tell them. i tried to tell my Mum, i was so upset, so i told her my hair has been failling out (my mum has very thin hair herself and you can see her scalp cleary)....she told me i am being stupid its not! great advice mum, thanks!

please help :(

oh and thank you so for this forum, its the first i have come accross on the web for this problem , thank you ...its some comfort to read about successes / treatments / and just how others feel and cope.
also at first i was feeling guilty for being so vain and upset over such a cosmetic thing, but ive realsied there are many others that do see this as a major problem./...

sorry im waffling on so much. just that ive neevr ever discussed this with anyone... i cant ...

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't feel guilty for feeling down about losing hair. Hair is a big deal to most people whether they want to admit it or not. My dad tells me my loss is no big deal if it makes you feel any better. It's really aggrevating. A lot of people make big speeches about what's really "important" in life, but the bottom line is everyone wants to be attractive, men and women, at least while they're young. Everyone thinks I'm making a big deal out of nothing, many of whom tell me they don't even see my hair loss, but most of them don't know what it's like in our situation. Don't be afraid to talk to someone if you think it would help.