I'm snowing hair on dutasteride now!

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the current regimine for 4 months. At months 2-3 I could literally notice improvement already. However, I've now been shedding for about a month. The hairs are ONLY coming out of the crown area.

I hate to b**ch about it since I know this is the way things work - but at this rate, my crown will be slick bald in another month. So I just thought I'd ask those of you that have been on dutasteride for a while how long your first shed lasted?

T

Timi

dutasteride

Shedd??

In the German Board have many User stopped dutasteride
12month and more and the Hairs looks bad and thinn

My Story
i am 10Month on dutasteride and stopped ! my Hair is destroyed
all over the head thin and look bad
my body fatter and fatter

i am back to Proscar

Timi

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Renegade, it was approx. two months long, though fortunately the rate of loss slowed considerably after 4 or 5 weeks. Now it wasn't until 6 to 7 months after the shedding finished that my crown had recovered to its pre-shed level, and two-and-a-bit years on dutasteride before my results peaked.

Slarti

T

Timi

dutasteride

Slartibartfast

Works dutasteride Positively for You?
New Hairs?

My English is bad

Timi

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, that ain't what I wanted hear but what can you do? So much for instant gratification! I just hope I'm above baseline at the 9 month point.

Thanks for the response though Slarti - its good to have a dutasteride veteran like you around!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Timi, dutasteride has worked very well for me by thickening up the hairs I already had, rather than promoting lots of new growth. The front is still thinner than I'd like, but the rest of my hair is in great shape - almost perfect in fact.

Renegade, well at least now you know how long it can take (aren't you glad!), so there's no need to stress over whether dutasteride is working if you hit the six-, seven-, or eight-month marks still behind baseline - though hopefully by then you would be improving on whatever nadir you hit with this shed.

Slarti

T

Timi

dutasteride

Slartibartfast

Your Front is thinner with dutasteride
my Problem is the front makes dutasteride the front thinner??

Ore comes New Hairs in your Front?

Timi

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Timi, the front inch/2.5 cm of hair has thinned slightly, but behind this it has improved to a reasonable density. This means that the frontal area as a whole looks roughly the same as when I started on dutasteride.

Slarti

T

Timi

dutasteride

Slartibartfast

You take minoxidil can also be

or sure from dutasteride? the Hair better?

I take minoxidil 11/2006 since that is my Hair bad and thinn
I am not sure ist it minoxidil ore a heavy dutasteride Shedding
my Hairs look ill

Timi

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
You might be having a shed from the minoxidil, impossible for me to tell you.

As for your question: I've used minoxidil for more than 5 years, far too long to be getting any improvement from it now.

Slarti

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
From this Swiss pharmacy: http://www.merlonipharma.ch

It's the authentic Avodart (as photographed in that "dutasteride packaging" thread) and costs me a little over £90 for a box of 90 (that includes shipping to the UK). People seem to use the generics without any problem, but I started on Avodart before any copycat versions came out (back when I was taking it every other day and a box of 90 was around $300) and I've just never seen the need to go generic.

Slarti

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
From this Swiss pharmacy: http://www.merlonipharma.ch

It's the authentic Avodart (as photographed in that "dutasteride packaging" thread) and costs me a little over £90 for a box of 90 (that includes shipping to the UK). People seem to use the generics without any problem, but I started on Avodart before any copycat versions came out (back when I was taking it every other day and a box of 90 was around $300) and I've just never seen the need to go generic.

Slarti

Excellent price, I am currently trying to get a price quote on what it will cost shipped to Canada. Thanks for the info.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Shouldn't be too much extra, hopefully Canadian Customs are okay when it comes to importing medicine for personal use.

Timi, yes they are based in Switzerland. To order fill in this form: http://www.merlonipharma.ch/sme_form_eng.php with your details and then he will send an e-mail to tell you the price and arrange payment. You can pay with an electronic bank transfer or by faxing your credit card details to him, just tell him which you prefer.

For payment by credit card print out and complete this form: http://www.merlonipharma.ch/cred%20card.pdf - his fax number is +41 91 682 8935, use this: http://www.countrycallingcodes.com to find what the + is replaced with, it's 00 for the UK, Germany, Sweden, France and in fact much of Europe.

Slarti