I'm scared to start minoxidil

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

I have crown thinning mostly, but it's thinned all over the top in general. There is a visible spot on the back left side of my crown.. I don't like this.

I have been on finasteride for over a year and I haven't seen any regrowth I don't think, but my hair has thickened up a bit and I think I'm maintaining.

I may have to get on the minoxidil train very soon.. but I'm a bit nervous.

What concerns should I have? I am gonna end up dripping the stuff all over my head even in areas that don't need minoxidil.. is this okay?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry ! get on it soon as ya can!

ive been on it about 6 weeks or so! its fine,get a fast heartbeat when i put too much on but no big deal,plus i seen vellus hairgrowth along hairline and temples!

heres hoping for more!

misterium

Reaction score
I'm paranoid damnit!

My hair still looks good but I have a little spot in the back ...

I probably should be on the Big 3 and I think I'm gonna get a bottle of minoxidil soon.

Damnit, it requires dedication.. and I'm going to have to figure out how to apply it properly, and what times, and how am I going to style my hair, etc..

I hope it helps me though..and doesn't cause some nasty cosmetic interference.

Will it make hairs that are healthy, become dependant on the minoxidil?

misterium

Reaction score
Advice anyone?

Apply to whole head?

I took another look in the mirror this morning.. I have a thinning 'line' effect from the front of my scalp all the way to the back which ends in a small bald spot, very tiny though.. less than 1'' x 1''..

the line is annoying... basically the top of my head is thinning in general, with no particular pattern.. just all over... even though my hair is pretty thick, I can still see scalp in the right light.

I 'THINK' I have to apply minoxidil on my entire scalp.. but I'm nervous.

Please suggest something ..

Friendofyou

Reaction score
why are you so nervous? you take finasteride, i would be nervous about that, not about minoxidil ;)

just try it

misterium

Reaction score
Well I've been on finasteride over a year and had no sides at all.

I can't 'just try' minoxidil.. I have to be on it or not be on it .. :)

I think I'm gonna get a bottle and start today.

I'm just so nervous about applying it to my entire scalp ! I worry about the healthy hairs..

Friendofyou

Reaction score
:)

then maybe start with 2%? then you won't shed that much, and there are many people out there, who can live with the 2% ...

don't be nervous, minoxidil will make it better, and if not, then stop taking it...

no fear and good luck!

misterium

Reaction score

I think I will go for 5% as usual.. I want hardcore regrowth.

I guess I will just be applying it all over my scalp with the medicine dropper.. starting from the front, making lines that go all the way back.