Im a newb, need some advice

Nizzer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok... just got through reading the last 20 something pages. Im 22, in college, have had hairloss for nearly 2-1/2 years now. Its getting close to being noticable.. and .. well.. I'm starting to freaked out.

That said, my regime includes 2-1/2 months of propecia, and I just began Nizoral(again) in response to this site. I tried rogaine but it caused much irritation, and puss blisters.

(1)Something I noticed in the last few days is that Nizoral dries my scalp and causes a few random small zits. Should i discontinue? Tough it out? or what?

(2)Also, I heard of Retin-A varieties of minoxidil. Would this solve the problems that i have with the traditional rogaine.

(3)On off Nizoral days, is paul mitchell green tea shampoo ok? What would you guys recomend for a moistering conditioner(PS. i hate nioxin)?

(4)Lastly, I hear everyone talking about nano shampoo. Do you guys recommend it as a proven treatment. If so, could you please refer me to an appropriate url link. The ones I was looking at were a bit dodgy.

Thats it, any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Bunch,

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Make sure you only use Nizoral once ever few days. If you experience abnormal irritation, try spacing it even further.

I would bet your poor reaction ro minoxidil would be due to the PPG in Rogaine. You could try Dr. Lee's quick drying minoxidil which contains little or no PPG (can't remember).