ihatehair's s story - (ever dream about having hair...)

ihatehair

Reaction score
except it forms a noose around your neck so you can hang yourself? Nope, well neither have I but that would be preferable to looking at myself in the mirror.

My basic details are as follow: apparently i've been loosing hair since i was about 14, or at least i think so, at the time i chalked it up to standard shedding.

I'm now 21 and what has gone from a "non-issue" then became annoying as hell and has now reached the status of "bain of my existence".

I'm not sure how you classify baldness but i've reached the point where vin deseil probably has much more hair than i do, if he grew them out a little. Typical male horsehoe pattern..it didn't really start out front to back, it just got really thin in the infamous horsehoe area.

Normall i keep my hair really short and it actually made me look better for a breif bit since coverage was still pretty good. Then it got really bad really fast and I went from conceilable normal kid, to Tie Domie, to that guy from the movie the transporter, to essentially vin desiel, unfortunatly without the ability to brake large objects with my bare hands.

At this point i will try anything i can afford to get at least some coverage back, including hair transplant, paying a mexican doctor to take my chest hair and stick it on my head, whatever. I hate this, i dont even want to look in the mirror anymore and wouldn't bother if I didn't have to shave.

Maybe even moreso than baldness, i hate hair. Everybody seems to be fixated on it. When i meet new people and talk to them, i can see their eyes glancing at what used to be a nice dense forest and i want to shove their heads up their *** so they can watch me kick it. Most of my highskool was ruined because some a**h** would make a comment about my hairloss (which was mostly just thinning front and side at the time) which was especially embarassing when talking to girls or friends that after a while i just said f*** it and just went to skool to study and learn and to hell with social life.

I'm so sick and goddamned tired of having to wear a hat everywhere to hide my folicular desert. There must be a solution to this problem. Anybody else who has hairloss at roughly my age and been able to recover, prevent, conceal, transplant, clone or anything, please PM me.

Thanks for letting me rant/introduce myself.

Cheers

(oh, and incase you're wondering, my introductory sentence was from King Of The Hill, i believe bill said it)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey man,

I'm sorry to hear about your follically-challenged misfortune.

I'm 21, too.

Read up on my story in the Tell Your Story section...

I'm doing better, but am currently shedding hairs right now.

I, like you, found peace through ranting on these forums, especially in the Impact of Hairloss Forums.

Get on the Big 3, man.

Propecia (finasteride)
Rogaine (minoxidil)
Nizoral (ketoconazole)

They WORK... They're PROVEN.

And they work BEST in people who are younger or starting to thin.

Goodluck, man.

ihatehair

Reaction score
wow..i thought i was the only person who ever started loosing their hair under the age of 25. God bless the internet!

What kind of results can one get with the big 3? I don't have delusions of getting it all back, but as long as i can cover up the back portion of my head with a short buzz cut hairstyle by using either medications, hair transplants or a combination of, i think i'd be relativly happy. I would consider shaving it off completly and just raising a white flag, but i don't have a perfectly round head like that professor from x-men. I have a sort of lump/elevated area from when i smashed my skull rediculously hard as a kid that as long as i can cover up with a thin layer of hair (even just a little bit around pretty much conceals it entirly).

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate i think you'll find theres hundreds of members on this board alone who had noticeable thinning at 21.

Its actually very common the more I go out and see people the more i realise it now. Before you start thinning you don't pay as much attention to people's hair - well I didn't anyway.

Alphunk is on the ball with the suggestions, thow I would save minoxidil for now and use it later down the track.

Kojak85

Reaction score
hey man!

I know what your talking about, I can really relate to what your saying.

I'm only 21 aswell and it hurts like f-in hell to lose hair at this age, I mean I'm the only guy at my age that is losing my hair among my freinds.

Well even though it sucks, you can do some things, like someone suggested the big 3 is a good and proven way to treat hairloss.

You should check out the sucess story forum, it helped me a bit, gave me some hope!
goodluck bro

ihatehair

Reaction score
heh..yeha it sucks a great deal especially once it reaches my stage..hell i would kill to have the amount of hair Aplunk1 has rite now.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to reiterate to all of you younger posters in late teens/early 20s. Keep up your treatments and try to preserve what you have. Give it several years, and by the time you hit your mid to late 20s it will become much more acceptable. Also don't fret about your attractiveness at your age. You will just have to be patient and do with what you have for now. If you are decent looking at your age, you will become more attractive as you get older, in addition to your hairloss being viewed as fairly normal.

ihatehair

Reaction score
heh..i've been reading on the hair cloning section on the forum...gotta hold out till 2010.... i wonder if i can call and ask to be a test volunteer for that..whats the worst that can happen..theyre adding in new stuff not shifting stuff around.