If you use minoxidil dont stop EVER!!!

whiteboy

Reaction score
Last year i bought scalpmed and used it for about six months and everybody said that your not going bald dont use it!! Yeah right i was probably a norwood 2 when i started and had some pretty good improvement with the hair thickening. But now is what i think is weird nobody in my family is as bald as me not even my grandfathers or father ect. that's how much your hair needs it if you use it i am only balding in the front and my older brother laughs ever time he comes home cause hes not balding just me! i am more diffused then anything but thats not the point the point is if you use any kind of minoxidil keep using it cause now i have to fight to get my hair back the way it was six months ago! To us its seems like its not changing but thats why we take picture so you can see improvements ya they take a while but it works. cause when i was like 4 months into it my friends would say man your hair looks like a wig cause it was so thick now they have know clue but what i am saying if you use something keep with it for at least a year even longer cause you could be in the same spot i am in now they say it will come back if i keep using it hopefully

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats the bad part about minoxidil, once you start you can't stop using it. Oh but how things have changed with the foam bro. Its so easy to apply and don't mind at all.

cheers

BrianPeppers

Reaction score
i made a thread about this yesterday because i was concerned about ALL hair becoming dependent on this stuff, not just the hair rogaine creates. I know the big corporations are evil and will do anything to keep you buying their sh*t. This is a good example because im pretty sure your going to be buying more now, very soon. rogaine dont give a sh*t if you grow hair or now, they just want you to be a lifetime customer

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
as someone who has quit minoxidil on more than one ocassion, yeah it sucks when you lose the gains also the hair that minoxidil was keeping it alive. but it absolutely does not cause hair that grows healthy on its own devices to become dependant. minoxidil can maintain growth pretty well for some, the problem is, just like everything else , it is a treament not a cure. if you like what it does, keep at it.

if minoxidil is used over a period of time, it may keep hair teminal longer than if it were not used. large shedding after long periods of minoxidil is just the hair returning to it s natural state if as if minoxidil was never used. it is the natural state of where your hair should of been if not for the intervention of minoxidil. people often have trouble accepting what nature delt to them, so they blame the treatment.

whiteboy

Reaction score
ya but

ya but nobody in my family is more then a 2a and i am a 3a so whats that mean??? hmmm to me it means my hair depends on minoxidil, Right?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No i dont think that healthy hair become depended on minoxidil. I know that what you are going through is very frustrative, being the only one in family who is going bald, but genes can be inherited from distant ancestors from either of your sides. My father is completely bald but all his family had a lot of hair. I too, though was not lucky enought to inherit their genes.