If Shiseidos Repeat Injection Strategy Works, Does That Mean Aderans/intercytex Could Have Cured It?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Aderans and Intercytex were two companies that tried to use injected hair cells to regrow hair. Like the Replicel treatment, their treatments involved culturing cells and then implanting them to try to grow hair, although they used different hair cells.

Aderans and Intercytex both got modest results similar to Replice's results. Both companies viewed the results as insufficient. They both shut down. Aderans considered trying repeat injections but ultimately they decided not to put more resources into the project. I don't know if Intercytex ever considered repeat injections.

Now Shiseido is testing repeat injections.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The article mentions repeat injections but was n't it a case of single versus multiple injections for efficacy?

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about intercyx but I think aderans halted because of their results relative to what they promised investors.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Does someone know the diffrence of methods between these companies.

I know that Intercytex and Aderans injected only one day for each patient. There were no subsequent follow-up injections. But Shiseido is doing follow-up injections. That's a difference. It might be a big difference.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what you're confused about.
Repeat injections means repeat injections.

There is a difference between a single session with multiple injections versus repeat sessions with single/multiple injections. So far from what replicel have said they will try more than one injection in one sitting to see if it increases efficacy. Multiple sessions may not be possible if there is a limit to how many cells they can culture based, so you would in effect be having the procedure multiple times and multiple cost.

Compare that Histogen who have pretty much said you will need at least two sessions with multiple injections.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
There is a difference between a single session with multiple injections versus repeat sessions with single/multiple injections. So far from what replicel have said they will try more than one injection in one sitting to see if it increases efficacy. Multiple sessions may not be possible if there is a limit to how many cells they can culture based, so you would in effect be having the procedure multiple times and multiple cost.

Compare that Histogen who have pretty much said you will need at least two sessions with multiple injections.

Oh, now I understand your question better. It's my understanding they're doing multiple sessions. I hope so.

ThanksGramps

My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel/Shiseido uses a different type of cells than Intercytex and Aderans were. I don't think you can infer that one would work as well as another with repeat injections.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel/Shiseido uses a different type of cells than Intercytex and Aderans were. I don't think you can infer that one would work as well as another with repeat injections.

But the inductivity problem is the same, according to Team Jahoda. Keep your eye on the ball.

Be it DP cells or DSCs, the only thing that prevents the treatment from working is purportedly the inductivity problem. Hence, if Replicel can be made to work (via repeat injections) without solving the inductivity problem then Aderans and Intercytex might likewise have worked if they had tried repeat injections.