If I quit propecia will my sides (and side burns) come back?

Quagmire

Reaction score
I post over a HLH but Im gonna post this here aswell because no one seems to have an answer to this problem.

My sides [the area around my ears] used to thick and full, i remember I had to wet them a bit and comb them so they didnt stick out so much (making the top of my head look even more thin). I remember I got a haircut (oct 2004) because my sides were getting so thin in comparison to the top of my head.

Well now my sides are practically gone. I have pictures still on my yahoo page still if you wanna see. My hair has grown out a bit now and the hair at my sides doesnt cover my ears at all. Its see through.

Anyways, Im sure this has something to do with male pattern baldness and propecia. BECAUSE im thinning now in all the areas my dad is thinning in. Hes 62, a NW7 with a severly thinned donor area. Hes receeded up from the neck and his sides are thinner than the back.

Im thinning in this area where hes receeded up from. My sides are also thinner than the back. Its like Ive shed hair I wasnt supposed to lose till I was 35-40'ish. WTF is up with that?

Right now the top of my head is in alot better condition than the sides, when it was the opposite way round 6 months ago.

Oh yea, I have no side burns, theres a 1 inch slick bald gap of where they should be (between my facial hair and head hair).

I don't know the science behind propecia and how it works but is it a crazy thing to suggest that my sides might come back if I quit it completely?

I know the sides/back are supposed to be more resistant to DHT, So why should I lose the sides before the top. It doesnt make sense.

Something funky has been going on, thats for sure. At the moment, I am not applying any topicals to the sides of my head. Which means they can only thin out further? Doesnt anyone know anything about this?

I thourght mayeb it was just a bad propecia shed. But Ive search HLH and guys whove been on propecia for 3 years have got thinning sides.

Maybe propecia has the opposite effect on the sides for some people? Is there any scientific evidence to suggest otherwise?

I have a pretty good diet and excercise regularly so dont tell me its a deficiency of some sort. Most starving africans have great heads of hair.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/edward_hanson/my_photos

Cant remember what sections theyre in, but theyre in there somwhere.

(FYI, im 19 y/o and on 1/4 propecia every other day, eucapil, prox, minoxidil 5% x2). I started propecia in september 2004 but have had to lower dosage cuz of side effects.

G

Best thing is go to the Doctor mate. Never heard of people loosing side burns before. It got to be some to do with the propecia, as in the FDA study it was stated that propecia works best on the top of the head.