I wear a wig and can answer to all your extreme questions

MintSigh

Reaction score
Hello, I am writing from France, so please do not complain about my English... :p

I have been wearing hairpiece system for nearly 2 years now and I can say it totally changed my life. I cannot say it's perfect but it's confortable enough to allow a normal life without beaing detectable.

Sorry to say that but You won't be able to practice sports intensively unless You change it frequently (I mean every 2 or 3 weeks). I only change the system every 5 weeks, it's stuck on my scalp with glue, my scalp being shaved just before, because I am not totally bald. I am 34 years-old.

I also can tell U tons of movie stars are wearing wigs

:p
http://www.moviestar.nu/articles/baldmo ... glish.html

Finally, If your main concern is about the hairline, it's totally undetectable the first 2 weeks (totally transparent) but it become sticky after 4 or 5 weeks. My hair system is thrown away (trash) and a new one if set on my head each time and cut according to my hair wishes, so I change hair cut every month, but I try to be realistic by not alterning long and short hair cuts suddenly so nobody detects my wigs.

Also remember that they are made with natural human hair and colored according to your's, so the color becomes lighter when the weeks pass by, because of the sun essentielly.

If You need more information, do not hesitate, I will answer as fast as possible.

Oh yes, the price: 280 euros per month. It is huge!

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey MintSigh,

Thanks for your post. Your english is really pretty good!

Anyways, here are a few questions,

1. Has anybody ever detected your system?

2. Are their any issues with smell?

3. Has wearing a piece accelerated your hairloss at all?

Thanks

MintSigh

Reaction score
Optimist said:
Hey MintSigh,

Thanks for your post. Your english is really pretty good!

Anyways, here are a few questions,

1. Has anybody ever detected your system?

2. Are their any issues with smell?

3. Has wearing a piece accelerated your hairloss at all?

Thanks

Hi,

1) Nobody detected it, unless they don't tell me. As I put a system while getting bald, but not totally (thining hair, hair loss beginning at the vertex), some may have find that suspicious as I suddenly had more hair, but I can't be sure. I chose a short hair cut on my hair system, the same I always had. My may concern was my friends, not my clients (I work in a shop on my own). I know one thing: if somebody think I wear a wig, he can never say it's not well-done, on the contrary, especially when I change the hair length every month (eg during summer I have a very short hair brush, shaved on the sides, much longer during the winter). I think some may be persuaded (but they can't proove it) I have a fake, but I definitively look ten years younger, especially when my barber removes it to change it. I am divorced and went with girls since, and none of them saw anything, even touching my hair (but I am careful).
The biggest problem if the color that becomes lighter by the time. Not a big deal for me as I put hair spray "wet look" on it, and I am blond, but as the hair gets dry by the time, don't underestimate that point. The best thing is having someone around You that knows, so he can tell You the details (my parents know, and they criticise every detail so that I know if something gets wrong).

2) No smell for me at all, even once when I kept it 7 weeks on my scalp. The glue just becomes slimy, and the membrane isn't so transparent (the glue becomes some kind of yellow). The smell will depend on the person (the scalp oil), but if your cleaning if good, there should not be any problem.
The glue (as far as I know) is a surgical glue, natural. So that's why it destroys itself by the time. The best thing to do is to keep the hair system 2 or 3 weeks first, and then increase the periods between renewals.

3) Yes, I would say my hair loss inscreased (but it still grow rapidly, even after 2 years), but it's not easy to say as it's shaved every month on my scalp. The membrane let the air and sweat pass through, but I guess the glue and the scalp cleaning (between the removals) are not the best treatment for your baldness! But I am getting bald anyway, so instead of having a Kevin Spacey look, I prefer now.
My only regret is that I put a hairpiece one year too late, I mean 1 or 2 years earlier would have been even more undetectable, but I still do not know who knows. Maybe if I definitively remove it one day, my friends will tell me...

See U.

MintSigh

Reaction score
Always remember to do that in order to feel good in your head. That's absolutely my case, no regret at all. I just wish I had done that 1 or 2 years earlier.

It's sad it's so hard to get pieces of information on the internet, that's why I watched on an American website. In France, there's only on good forum, but hairpieces seem to afraid persons who are getting bald and thet can't understand what it is and how high-tech it is in the year 2006. You can brush Your hair in the direction You want, backward, forward, on the side...

Movie stars probably change their wigs every week so it's fully undetectable (how could You say Ben Affleck wears one when You see him on screen??), but they don't care about the price (280 euros - over 300$ per month for me, this include the hairpiece, the setting on my head and the haircut. It takes one hour and the half each time). As the hairpiece is made with natural human hair but the hair is DEAD, there is no sebum on it so it looses it's softeness by the time, it gets dryer. The only way to look perfect is frequent changing, but the cost is huge.

G

yes, you have what my son is getting, they shave the whole top of his head and glue a human hair system on, the call this one veralex. he'll be getting it in 4 weeks. yup, very pricey, but he was having a meltdown. stopped dating, afraid his hat'll fly off, etc.
i'm glad to hear from someone who had this exact thing. but why do these human hair pieces get so bad in a matter of weeks?????? it's human hair! i know there not growing from the scalp but why don't they last longer????
thanks

Goingat20

Reaction score
what aboout if you play contact sport? I sweat a lot, will this destroy the peice, i play soccer 3 times a week, does it matter or will the sweat just go through the piece?

trapsource

Reaction score
natural hair is dead, but the oil (sebum) keeps the hair looking soft. Hairpieces the hair ( like stated before) has no oil from the scalp to condition the hair so it dries out. Thats why people have oily hair or dry hair; sebum production. The more you avoid sunlight, chlorine, harsh shampoos, or blow drying your system it will last longer. Meaning it will look better longer. Most people can tell if you have a system if the hair starts to look dry and ratty, plus I dont think the system company minds too much if you purchase a system every month.