I want betterarms

G

I know almost nothing about 'working out' and have hardly ever been in the gym since I did athletics >18yrs.

I have always played football or Ice hockey or arshall arts and do plenty of cycling, so I am in alright shape but I want to have better looking arms.

My arms are Ok in size and are not to flabby or anything - I mean from the Wing Chun excercises I do they seem to function well but I'd really like for them to look like BMXers arms do - I mean not huge in size just really defined.

All the excercises and regimes I see seem to make your arms bigger - like a rugby player but I JUST want the defenition. It doesn't help that I have that northern european layer of fat that I'll never get rid of.

Does anyone know where I can read about excercies - preferable at home that will help me get defined but not turn me into beefcake!

t

oni

Reaction score
You have to get your body fat level down to have the definition you wish for and take a look at your diet as that has to do a lot with it as well as exercise and genetics :)

G

To get good overall body definition then I would say go swimming. Not just a casual swim. Flat out freestyle and breast stroke mixture.

In a matter of weeks you body will find it's natural weight, you will gain muscle and you will also be much more toned and defined. ALL OVER

G

...::traxdata::... said:
To get good overall body definition then I would say go swimming. Not just a casual swim. Flat out freestyle and breast stroke mixture.

In a matter of weeks you body will find it's natural weight, you will gain muscle and you will also be much more toned and defined. ALL OVER

I agree, however, I find swimming a pain as itshows my bald bits up badly

G

swimming it is! I hate the gym - the whole experience is so tedious for me but I love being in the water and I'm not a bad swimmer, thanks for the advice

G

When you are swimming, really make sure you make a resistance against the water. Also when doing freestyle, try to really stretch out on each stroke whilst holding in your tummy. This will helping the toning of the arms as well as the tummy.

When you do the breast stroke, again really use the resistance of the water and you will soon find your pecs get really big and defined.

Also kick those legs when you swim. The last thing you want is a toned upper body and limp leg muscles.

But as long as you just swim like hell the whole body will get a work out. It is by for the best non impact excersise you can do, but with maximum benefits.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MASTURBATE WITH BOTH HANDS!

oni

Reaction score
What happens if he has large hands and a small penis? surgery? become gay? :shock:

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Swimming all the way, man. I went for a week's holiday to the mediterranean last summer, did loads of swimming, and as soon as I got back to uni everyone was telling me how much more stacked I had become. FYI The way to achieve definition is twofold:
firstly, as others have pointed out you need to have a low body fat level, or otherwise it won't be obvious. Secondly, you need to do many reps of your chosen exercise at a low level of intensity.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to swim just to light weight but a ton of reps. Curl 15 lbs and 50 reps. 3 sets Do that with your tricepts and forearms. You'll feel the burn after awhile

Also if you're a jogger take some 10lb weights with you and just run normally. It will help burn the fat in your arms while toning them. A 3 mile run yeilds a crap load of arm movement * that weight = buurrrnnnsss

Starseed

Reaction score
...::traxdata::... said:
But as long as you just swim like hell the whole body will get a work out. It is by for the best non impact excersise you can do, but with maximum benefits.

I swim 20 laps (lengths) twice a week. Love it. I'd NEVER go back to the gym with all that grunt and push, and that f*****g noisy music in my ears start to finish. When I went on vacation to the Mediterranean recently, I was able to show off a little in the hotel pool. A litle egotistic I know - I really just wanted to keep up my workout, but by golly, you look good doing tumble turns, & finishing up with a length butterfly.

gonna_win said:
MASTURBATE WITH BOTH HANDS!
oni said:
What happens if he has large hands and a small penis? surgery? become gay? :shock:

But what if he has small hands and a HUGE dick? He could pull an arm muscle or two. Be careful with the advice you give fellas....

bluntman

Reaction score
Yea bro, its gunna take a while to see definition. Ive come to accept that by working out, it could take years to even see some change. its all about changing your lifestyle, or tweaking it a bit. i started working out last year and my arms looked like strings coming out of my shirt, but now they have some form. Im not all cut up, but the change is definitley there. I guess the point of this post is to let you know its gunna be a process.

eat your protein!

-Blunts

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Bluntman, can I say if you are accepting that it may take years to see results you are wasting your time on non-productive routines.

For looking lean - diet really well (everytime you want to cheat, look in the mirror!), keep the metabolism cranking over by eating smaller meals more frequently, do sh$%loads of cardio (by the way swimming is great for the heart but it aint gonna make you look great - really high intensity in short bursts will do way more for you - look at sprinters!).

You don't need to lift weights, but some resistance training (push-ups, chi-ups and all that at least) will go a long way to helping you achieve your goals.

bluntman

Reaction score
Made, you can say it but i think your are misunderstanding what i wrote. Whatever routine you decide to choose for working out, its going to take time to get anywhere near the end goal.
As i mentioned above, ive been trying to increase size by weight training, and i have seen significant changes from the time i began where i couldnt even bench press the bar without weights.

You dont need to lift weights, but to see changes in your arms it will definitley help. Remeber, it could take years for you to get where u want to be. Cardio is a given. I usually like to run for a bit 15min before i lift, then for 20 after. Im not sure if u have access to a gym, but if you have a bike jump on it for good cardio.