I suppose this anecdote belongs here...

richpne

Reaction score
Hello chaps.

A little anecdote....

A few years ago I noticed my hair was starting to go quite quickly (I was around 21 years old). I initially started on Regaine, which actually did really help initially, especially around the temples (which was the affected area). However, due to short-term financial troubles, I was forced in to giving it up for several months. In that time, the hair continued to get worse, both in terms of quantity and quality. With finances sorted, I began on the Propecia, Minoxidil, Nizoral and Biotin. My hair really did improve, mostly in terms of quality, but there was definitely an increase in density after a few months of consistent use. The crown, which as this point was starting to thin, thickened up, and the temples thickened up slightly. I was most happy with the aforementioned quality though. The hair just felt nicer and stronger, and with the addition of kaboki (sp?), my hair looked really good for a while.

Anyway, after around a year of use, my hair had slowly improved, nothing remarkable, but it hadn't got worse. That's a definite. However, I began to notice a few dodgy symptoms which I wont discuss here, and therefore decided to have a break, perhaps indefinitely. Within 8 weeks of stopping use my hair is looking pretty bad. Much, much worse than before, and my friends have noticed too.

I've decided to go back on the propecia, minoxidil, nizoral and biotin for another year or so. I'm nearly 25, and feel that when I get to my late 20's I'll accept the balding process and just let it happen. I'm eager to get a girlfriend locked down before this happens.... I'm quite lucky in that I actually suit a shaved head, but would prefer some hair to shave, rather than a completely bald head. At least for now.

So the stuff definitely works for me, and the symptoms weren't so bad that I couldn't put up with them for a while longer.

Muzzle

Reaction score
I've decided to go back on the propecia, minoxidil, nizoral and biotin for another year or so. I'm nearly 25, and feel that when I get to my late 20's I'll accept the balding process and just let it happen. I'm eager to get a girlfriend locked down before this happens.... I'm quite lucky in that I actually suit a shaved head, but would prefer some hair to shave, rather than a completely bald head. At least for now.

I don't know your Norwood level(I assume that you are NW3 or NW3 vertex) but you are planning to use these treatments so you can keep your hair for another 4 years ?

I don't think you will lose your hair that fast

Mja017

Reaction score
Hello chaps.

A little anecdote....

A few years ago I noticed my hair was starting to go quite quickly (I was around 21 years old). I initially started on Regaine, which actually did really help initially, especially around the temples (which was the affected area). However, due to short-term financial troubles, I was forced in to giving it up for several months. In that time, the hair continued to get worse, both in terms of quantity and quality. With finances sorted, I began on the Propecia, Minoxidil, Nizoral and Biotin. My hair really did improve, mostly in terms of quality, but there was definitely an increase in density after a few months of consistent use. The crown, which as this point was starting to thin, thickened up, and the temples thickened up slightly. I was most happy with the aforementioned quality though. The hair just felt nicer and stronger, and with the addition of kaboki (sp?), my hair looked really good for a while.

Anyway, after around a year of use, my hair had slowly improved, nothing remarkable, but it hadn't got worse. That's a definite. However, I began to notice a few dodgy symptoms which I wont discuss here, and therefore decided to have a break, perhaps indefinitely. Within 8 weeks of stopping use my hair is looking pretty bad. Much, much worse than before, and my friends have noticed too.

So the stuff definitely works for me, and the symptoms weren't so bad that I couldn't put up with them for a while longer.

Man if this is a portrait of the modern man, the future looks pretty bleak. You say that you saw pretty good results but had dodgy symptoms after being on treatments for a year? If you had been on treatments for an entire year what makes you so certain that these mysterious symptoms were treatment related? Also this whole "I need to lock down a chick before I go bald" idea is so laughable. I wish I had 1 hair follicle for every time I read something like that on this forum. That's so mental. What you're basically saying is "I'm a superficial person looking to trick a superficial significant other into getting with me", and then once you've "locked her down" you think you'll just go bald and this hypothetical superficial lady will just be like "cool bro". That's ****ing ridiculous man. You should just stop taking meds and get a toupee and then on your wedding day after you've said your 'I do's' you can rip it off and go "haha I tricked you!". I take finasteride and apply minoxidil because it makes me way more confident and eases my anxiety, not because I want to trick someone into sleeping with me. God that sounds so skeezy.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
Hello chaps.

A little anecdote.....
........... I'm nearly 25, and feel that when I get to my late 20's I'll accept the balding process and just let it happen. I'm eager to get a girlfriend locked down before this happens.... ......

I have an anecdote for you too....a friend of mine once said:"when you know you will go bald - marry early"..... he was NW7..and married..
most people experience side-affects (you don't want to discuss here) of finasteride and the likes....