I shave my widows peak

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever done this? I've had a widows peak like Colin Farrell but unlike him, I have receding hairline. When I shave it, it gives me more of a straight line at the front making my recession less noticable. The only SLIGHT drawback is the fact that my forehead seems just that tinchy bit higher but not too dramatic and nothing to worry about. BeforeI did this, I had the Jude Law kind of look and now its more on the Stephen Dorff kind of tip. It looks a hell of alot better. Try it! You might like it.

PS Make sure you shave it EVERY day because one day I forgot and a friend saw the stubble and then asked me why I shaved the front of my hairline. Not good! I told him someone tryed to shave my head and I stopped them just in time!:D

G

I know a guy who is now 65, he has been doing it since he was 20.

I think it's a bad idea, but it makes him happy. I would have never known, but after 5 years, I caught him on a day he forgot to shave it.

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
uh oh man..., from my experiene that is a big *** mistake. You think shaving it every day will work, but head hair doesn't grow like beard hair.
I did this when i was 16 for some dumb reason, and after like a week and a half i ended up shaving my whole head. You'll notice you'll wake up with what seems like a five o'clock shadow where your peak is, but the hairs themselves are too short to shave. If you do shave em anyway (like i did) the whole area will get all red/peeled, which will only draw more attention to the fact you shave your peak.

Maybe your skin tone / hair color might be better suited then me, i am a very pale white guy with pitch black hair. Plus shaving it flat across everytime is hard. sometimes you catch the hairs just above the widows peak, and last thing one wants is an inverted widows peak!

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
holy geez

first, we're talking about people staring at a few hairs at our widows peak, as if anyone stares at your damn forehead

now we're getting into wearing women's makeup...

lol

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Jude said:
Has anyone else ever done this? I've had a widows peak like Colin Farrell but unlike him, I have receding hairline. When I shave it, it gives me more of a straight line at the front making my recession less noticable. The only SLIGHT drawback is the fact that my forehead seems just that tinchy bit higher but not too dramatic and nothing to worry about. BeforeI did this, I had the Jude Law kind of look and now its more on the Stephen Dorff kind of tip. It looks a hell of alot better. Try it! You might like it.

PS Make sure you shave it EVERY day because one day I forgot and a friend saw the stubble and then asked me why I shaved the front of my hairline. Not good! I told him someone tryed to shave my head and I stopped them just in time!:D

Do you think people aren't going to notice this? You're gonna look like a freak. Now I've seen some vain people in my time, but this beats everything.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do this everyday with a few stray hairs which have survived the recession (don't know how they survived) at the widow's peak area. You are right, a few years ago, I shaved the widow's peak area and it gave a nice straight hairline. Yes hard to maintain and is very tough to let the hairs grow back up to length. Shaving is a pain too.

Anybody that notices the shaving must be concerned with baldness, since people normally do not look at your hairline closely.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
FOX News's Neil Cavuto has a widows peak that I find distracting. He shaved it once, but it soon reappeared. I wrote him to tell'm to get rid of the distracting thing, but he not answer me.

No way will I EVER bring a razor anywhere near my hairline! It's pretty straight across, too diffuse to think about shaping with the razor though.

Ah, my 200th post. I'm hoping it'll raise my rank a notch, but I doubt it. I'll probably have to hit 300 for that. GRUMPLETHORPE!