I seem to be losing on Dutasteride. Any advice for me?

PleaseGrow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wondering why you haven’t tried topical minoxidil
Generally not a fan of topicals. I find applying them quite demoralising and wouldn’t want to stack any other topicals with RU as I already find it draining applying it every night (and don’t even know if it’s making a difference).

I did think about oral minoxidil but find it confusing to read conflicting accounts where it does nothing for someone, but others get great results. Given dutasteride has done the opposite of what it is supposed to do for me, I’m dubious to put further hope into other treatment options. I am considering it though! :D

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally not a fan of topicals. I find applying them quite demoralising and wouldn’t want to stack any other topicals with RU as I already find it draining applying it every night (and don’t even know if it’s making a difference).

I did think about oral minoxidil but find it confusing to read conflicting accounts where it does nothing for someone, but others get great results. Given dutasteride has done the opposite of what it is supposed to do for me, I’m dubious to put further hope into other treatment options. I am considering it though! :D
RU an incel?

acropora1981

My Regimen
Reaction score

It’s pretty easy to slap on some minoxidil every night before bed. I regrew a huge amount of hair with min in about 8 weeks.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are studies on oral Duasteride & topical Duasteride. On topical the studies indicate Microneedling by itself works a little. Topical Duasteride works a little, but the combination works better than either alone. Duasteride isn’t sufficient by itself. There are other factors causing hairloss for what it addresses. I read lately there are live mites in the hair follicle. This more a fungal issue. We just don’t have a complete picture of male pattern baldness.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
No i started with dutasteride. I did use finasteride for only a month but got dry eyes as fuk so quit.
alright! i was on finasteride for threeish years and then dutasteride for a year until now...
considering switching back, even though i lost on the crown on finasteride, too...
but nearly everybody says that one shouldnt switch back...