I screwed up!

UnReal27

Reaction score
Hey guys, here's my problem. I've been on propecia for about 9 months, but due to some financial issues I had to stop using it for about 7 weeks. Now I am at a point where I am able to once again afford to use it. Should I begin right away? I mean, what happens when one stops taking propecia for a couple of months and then begins to make use of it? Does it wipe out any positive effects which the drug might have had on the individual? I'm 27 and am somewhere in between NW2 and 3. I'm hoping if I can restart propecia + minx, I can hold out until better treatments come along! Thanks in advance for any help!

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Start taking it again.

There is no danger involved in stopping and starting, except that you will keep more hair by staying on it consistently.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Thanks freestyle, I think I might start out with Dutas + 5% minoxidil. + Nizoral this time. Anything else that I should be considering adding?

Pob

Reaction score
Did you have any results with propecia? Were you using anything else with it, and if so did you stop that as well?

UnReal27

Reaction score
I was using propecia alone, and had light shedding, which might have been due to the drug or natural loss. I've heard people say that one year of sustained use is required before effects are notable, I'm really not sure either way. I've read alot of posts on here about people experiencing regrwoth with dutas so Im thinking to give it a try. Any comments on how essential nizoral is to the regimen of minx+dutasteride?

UnReal27

Reaction score
Oh sorry forgot to answer your question, I was not taking anything else while on propecia