I never understand people who "play down" male pattern baldness

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
If hairloss is getting you down so much jut get ripped. Bald and ripped is probably better than hair and and not a good body. Well that's my theory at least.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I AM AWESOME said:
If hairloss is getting you down so much jut get ripped. Bald and ripped is probably better than hair and and not a good body. Well that's my theory at least.

Not unless you live on a nudist colony. Also not everyone can get ripped some people are just naturally of small and slim build. Being attractive from the neck upwards is the better option.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Yeah but is it an option with hair transplant's today? I don't think so.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="I AM AWESOME":1xj4mdgl]If hairloss is getting you down so much jut get ripped. Bald and ripped is probably better than hair and and not a good body. Well that's my theory at least.

Not unless you live on a nudist colony. Also not everyone can get ripped some people are just naturally of small and slim build. Being attractive from the neck upwards is the better option.[/quote:1xj4mdgl]
Or in the least take proper care of your body to get that lean look. I know from personal experience that chicks really dig nice bodies. I know it's sad that people are so shallow but that's the world we live in today. :sobbing:

Mp1990

Reaction score
[/quote]Not unless you live on a nudist colony. Also not everyone can get ripped some people are just naturally of small and slim build. Being attractive from the neck upwards is the better option.[/quote]

That's not true, take a look at some bodybuilding forums. There's guy suffering from anorexia and cancer that manage to get big and ripped. If your struggling to put on size take some weight gainer (2000 calorie protein shakes) a couple times a day and workout, you'll gain a lot of muscle of fast no matter who you are.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its one thing to be balding or bald, naturally you feel less than your peers with hair. However showing that your bothered only brings about more scrutiny. People with great hair will never understand and the vain and shallow will only take the mic. Naturally your only defence is to shrug it off and not act bothered and and develop some sort of wit and not give these aholes any ammo. Am guessing this is why people play it down.

I'd shown incredible insecurity with hairloss and it didnt do me justice outside HairLossTalk.com. Thankfully theres guys like you's who understand.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Most people with good hair don't even look at other people's hairlines. Occasionally you'll have someone who does, or they'll notice actual balding, but unless your thinning is terribly noticeable most people really don't think much of it. They won't think you have great hair, but they won't think its terrible.

The look to avoid is the George Costanza bald. That is what people really don't find attractive if you're under 40 and still in the dating market. Of course, George was also pudgy and short.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
They will notice if your bald, like me.... how can they not? I don't mind if someone looks at me when I'm uncovered, it's the way they look at me that makes the difference. But in general I feel like there are so many old wives tales and misconceptions surrounding male pattern baldness that genetics as a cause for it is not common knowledge. The other day a woman asked me if I washed my scalp regularly. When I asked her why she said because it would kill the fungus that is causing my baldness.
:doh:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I seriously don't remember anytime I "noticed" someones baldness before I started balding. The only exception was my dad, as a teen I followed his hair loss (because he loved to point it out) but after he lost his crown, I don't remember giving a damn or looking at his hair again until I started balding.

Of course I knew some people where bald, but that was just another common trait in the facial structure I used to recognize people, not something that really used to catch my attention unless someone pointed out

And you had to be seriously bald (shaved or a horseshoe) to consider you bald. Probably it's because my dad has kept his hairline, but I never considered huge NW3 as a sign of balding

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
bigentries said:
I tend to believe baldness tends to affect more to people who were once considered conventionally attractive

I think it affects people that were already insecure about themselves. I have yet to see an alpha-male guy that got depressed by male pattern baldness.

Here you have one!

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently I have been thinking, what if I magically wake up with the hairline I want one day? How would I react? I'll tell you how--the same way I would if I won a $50 million jackpot. I would be crying hysterically and just overwhelmed that my life was about to change so drastically for the better. It would be beyond an amazing experience and would fundamentally change my existence. I would then know that there really is nothing stopping me from being someone big and important someday--a federal judge ultimately is my goal.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some crazy m***erf***ers on this thread both of whom have barely any hairloss at all. You 2 need therapy. :hairy:

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Some crazy m***erf***ers on this thread both of whom have barely any hairloss at all. You 2 need therapy. :hairy:

Saf, be a friend.

This guy with red hair is not loosing his hair, at least not yes. There is no visible minurization! He just vant lower hairline, couse his is to high. THEN WHY DONT HE JUST GO TO A PROCEDURE THAT WILL LOWER HIS HAIRLINE AND EVERYBODY HAPPY!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Because having a hair transplant at his age for a tiny degree of recession is ridiculous.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Because having a hair transplant at his age for a tiny degree of recession is ridiculous.

He is not suffering any recession!!!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
gascoigne said:
s.a.f said:

Saf, be a friend.

This guy with red hair is not loosing his hair, at least not yes. There is no visible minurization! He just vant lower hairline, couse his is to high. THEN WHY DONT HE JUST GO TO A PROCEDURE THAT WILL LOWER HIS HAIRLINE AND EVERYBODY HAPPY!!

Why don't you go get an hair transplant to lower your hairline and end all of our suffering.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
gascoigne said:
[quote="s.a.f":2m6wp4f6]Some crazy m***erf***ers on this thread both of whom have barely any hairloss at all. You 2 need therapy. :hairy:

Saf, be a friend.

Why don't you go get an hair transplant to lower your hairline and end all of our suffering.[/quote:2m6wp4f6]

Um, did you see my pics???
I dont have specialy high hairline in first place, front of my hair is minurisating and thining!! I am balding, and will be bald in 5-7 years. How can hair transplant help me?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
Recently I have been thinking, what if I magically wake up with the hairline I want one day? How would I react? I'll tell you how--the same way I would if I won a $50 million jackpot.

Dude, if you won a $50 million jackpot, women will be flocking to you even if you are bald and fat. And you will get respect from society.
$$$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hair

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
gascoigne said:
s.a.f said:

Saf, be a friend.

Dude, I know my hairline. It has receded. Do you have pictures of me as a child to look at? No, of course not. So why do you think you know better than me whether or not it has receded? I would get a hair transplant if I had the money but I don't yet. I'm a college student for heaven's sake and I don't have rich parents. So there!