I NEED HELP

G

i have been very underweight the better part of the last 5 years due mostly to smoking cigarettes and skipping meals.i am 19 and i have noticed my thick hair has thinned immensley. the actual hairs look to have gotten half as thick as when i was younger. i have a perfect hairline and noone in my family is losing their hair. i also have a few random bald spots about the size of a pinky nail. i recently quit smoking and have been putting onb weight and eating a lot of calories to get my weight up. now when i say i was underweight i mean VERY underweight. if i get my weight up and start taking a multivitamin will my hair ever return to its natural thickness? if so how long will it take? i figure it took me five years to ruin my hair so it will prolly take at least that long to fix it, but im no doctor. also is there any supplements i can take? just to give you a rough idea, my average weight was 140 pounds and im 6 foot. im almost certain this is why my hair is so thin. by the way im not anorexic i just have bad eating habits.please respond.

G

And im pretty sure my eight ball a day cocaine habit didnt help either.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well if you're thinning all over your head, then yea it could be.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well i'm 5'8" 145.

G

ive been desperately trying to gain weight so ive put myself on a strict 6000 calorie a day diet. is it healthy to eat this much? should i cut it down to 3000? im trying to gain the most weight in the shortest time

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends if you want quality weight (muscle mass) or just weight. If you gain weight from bad sources of food (chocolate, candy, fast food) quickly you will probably become fat. Eat alot of protein and good carbs like potatoes, rice, bread, etc. Also try to weight train, it always leads to a large increase in appetite. Well it did for me. Also try weight gainer protein powder its a quick, easy source of calories.