I need help, had to quit finasteride, Heart Palpitations, horrible!!

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
My L-Arginine came in. Gonna take it for the first time tonight. I'll let ya know how it goes.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Havent been on in awhile and wanted to get on here to post a quick update of how I've been doing. To recap I was experiencing heavy heart palpitations after being on 1.25mg of finasteride daily for 6 months and min for 2 months.

I decided to get off min and lower my dose of finasteride to 1.25mg every other day. After doing that for 2 weeks my palpitations went away and I decided to get back on a low dose of min and keep my finasteride dosage low. Have been doing that for 1 1/2 months and have experienced almost no heart palpitations. I say almost because I have felt a few on days after a heavy night of drinking. I feel great and my hair is as thick as ever. So far I feel I have found a regiment that works for me. I'll let you guys know if the palpitations come back. Would be happy to answer any questions or hear any comments.

I did purchase the genhair brand of minoxidil and got it in the mail today. They have a sensitive minoxidil that I think will be better for me than rogaine. Take care everyone.

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well...I'll be damned. The very next day after posting my last message my heart started acting up. Started with some mild irregular heart beats that got progressively worse and pressure/tightness in my chest. I immediately dropped min last monday and my symptoms slowly got better each day last week. Happy to share that one week after dropping the min my symptoms are gone. Im still on finasteride 1.25 3 days a week. I dont want to jinks myself but I feel that minoxidil has been my prob this whole time not finasteride. Gonna continue to monitor and listen to my body. I will keep you all updated. Thanks

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
For me it was more fatigue and I felt that I didn't have the fitness (not exactly winded as such) despite the fact that all through my life I have been able to jog slowly about 5 miles off the bat without training for it, I naturally don't carry alot of weight!

I've been back on finasteride for just about 2 weeks now. The last time I went to gym I felt so f*****g fatigued it was unbelievable. If this is gonna continue I have to seriously consider about continuing with finasteride. I also had the same symptom with sperm that I had earlier, the sperm is kinda... well it's not watery, it's more like "gel".

I often think if hair is worth all this sh*t and experimenting with my own hormones, but well... if I didn't have my other problems I'd probably be in way better terms with my hairloss.

T

Timi

i have make a attempt with finasteride Oral
"and finasteride Topical"
i have become Heartracing and breathing
the same as by minoxidil

Timi

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
the same as by minoxidil

Timi

How long were you on finasteride oral when the heart racing started?

T

Timi

OhioGuy said:
Timi said:
the same as by minoxidil

Timi

How long were you on finasteride oral when the heart racing started?

after 2Hours

Oral not so bad as Topical finasteride