I got my Proscar/Rogaine/Nizoral

Iceman-

Reaction score
I have been receeding at the temples and thinning a lot all throughout for the past two years; my hairline has definetely taken a hit this winter, my temples are thining and receeding (norwood 2ish) and I am thinning a fair amount on my crown and vertex. I am 23 and have been using Nizoral 1% for the past three months. I have a 4 month supply of Rogaine foam that I got in the mail a few weeks ago, but haven't had the balls to use it yet.

Went to the Dr.'s office yesterday and got my blood drawn for hormone levels and a prescription for 20 Proscar tablets. I went to Walmart this afternoon and picked them up, and a good pill cutter and pill box.

What do you guys think I should do?

I have been using Nizoral and have Rogaine and Proscar on hand. I have not used either of the Rogaine or Proscar as I am frankly scared of the possible side effects of both of them.

But here I am with thinning hair and all the FDA approved products on hand.

What would you guys do? Which would you start first, the Rogaine or the Proscar? If I started them both at the same time would I go through a MAJOR shed or something? Should I start the Rogaine first for a couple of weeks and hen introduce the Proscar? Or should I start the Proscar first and see if I get any sides beofre I make the leap into any combination regimine?

Please give me some advice. I have been searching the forums for months and this is whwre it has got me so far, with all three products on hand. I need some advice and encouragement. I'm not sure where to start with all this and I am not sure about side effects.

It would be nice to start my regimine today on June 1st 2007, so please tell me where you think I should start on these products.

Thanks, -Iceman

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With the benefit of the hindsight I have now, I would advise you to get your regimen started immediately.

I really do wish I'd started my hairloss treatments earlier, when my hair was still cosmetically decent. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum to think that either. For me, it was because I was unaware that there were drugs which could effectively treat male pattern baldness, and assumed that it was all a big con.

To answer your question about shedding, then yes, it's quite possible that you'll shed, but it's important to remember that, if you do shed, these are the hairs that you would be losing before long anyway. All you're doing when you shed is speed up the process of growing the next hair in that follicle.

Get on the treatments mate, and best of luck :)

Iceman-

Reaction score
Thanks Stampede :)

But what do the rest of you guys think? Should I start these treatments? Should I start them at the same time? Or should I start one of them at a time, and if so, which one?

Anybody have any horror or success stories to tell me about Proscar? I am still kinda scared to start taking it.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, you should definitely be on some form of DHT blocker. So tuck in to your finasteride straight away. Now! Go, do it!

As for rogaine, I couldn't say unless you have some pics available? Is your hair "bad" enough to warrant minoxidil? Because maybe the finasteride will be enough for you...

Iceman-

Reaction score
I will try to post some pictures later, I think that would help the situation out better.