I finally saw the doctor.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a 23yr old guy in pretty good shape and am overall healthy but I've noticed mild/moderate hair loss around my temples and a slight thinning around my crown, I have long hair that I keep in a ponytail so I didn't notice it at first but after I started taking a shower one day I wondered why the drain was clogged and pulled out about a thousand shed hairs, then I quickly ran to the mirror and noticed that my temples and the top of my head were very thin and my crown was getting that way. I looked back at older pictures of me taken by myself or others and have come to the conclusion that it started at about the age of 20 and has been slow.

Then I wondered why this was happening to me because neither of my parents have it but remembered that over half my uncles are bald so that did it. The next day I called the doctor and was basically shaking lol. So I saw the doctor ASAP and within 5 minutes or less she saw that I was developing male pattern baldness and prescribed me Finasteride due to it's supposed high success rate and said to just have a yearly check in so she can refill it for me.

We went over the side effects but I am not a very sexual guy so they didn't really affect me, I lift weights as it is and ejaculation is known to reduce overall testosterone levels for a few days afterwards. I'd prefer to not have side effects but I prefer having nice hair to jerking it or sex, my friends think I'm crazy but whatever.

Sure, the medicine is expensive and has to be 100% paid out of pocket but $50 a month isn't a big deal even if you make minimum wage I'd imagine as that's even less than a new video game. I'm getting the pills in the mail by Monday and I'm extremely excited. I've already started taking Biotin, Saw Palmetto, and Fo-ti along with my multivitamin as I've heard some good things about them.

I am going to take a picture when I first start it and once per month afterwords and then post them here, and update accordingly o I can see if it works for me and have solid evidence.