I can't cut up Proscar!

Felk

Reaction score
Im having so much trouble attempting to cut up proscar with a razor blade. I do it very slowly, carefully with the greatest precision - and still the biggest piece is at least 50% bigger that the smallest.

I know that after 5 days im still getting the same amount, but there's no way what i'm having every day is 1mg - closer to .5, then 1.5, then .8, 1.2, etc....

Also i store the pieces in a multivitamin container, and by the next day the pieces are soft and powdery... i pick them up and have to lick the powder off my finger. Is this a problem? Does it mean my container isn't air tight?

Help me out my comrades!

Goingat20

Reaction score
hey felk are you using a pill cutter? If not you can get one from your local pharmacy. You could just store them in that

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Felk just snap em in half and then half again with your fingers. Thats the easiest way rather than using blades etc.

Felk

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

Goingat20 - im getting a pill cutter as soon as i visit my chemist.

joey - I'm trying to do 1mg a day, to mimick Propecia, so i need to cut it into 5ths. But who knows, if i dont get any sides, i might make it 1.25...

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I take 2.5mg finasteride (half a proscar) because I was a little worried about cutting into 4ths or 5ths and also because I'm not getting sides.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
swami.....I dont think thats a good idea at all...just my opinion...2.5mg is way too much...

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi guys, am 26 from the uk and my hair loss started when i was 18 or so, my hairline is pretty bad now and my crown has started to thin like the rest of my top but especially noticeable on the crown? I have just got some kirkland minoxidil and now was looking to gain some knowledge or advise on the tablet side of thing to go with my regime? I am hinting over to proscar and cutting it up into 1/4`s as this will be quite cheap but is it as effective as others as i don`t know that much about the rest, ie propecia, avodart etc?? Hope to get some advise soon, Cheers..... :(

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Goingat20 - im getting a pill cutter as soon as i visit my chemist.

joey - I'm trying to do 1mg a day, to mimick Propecia, so i need to cut it into 5ths. But who knows, if i dont get any sides, i might make it 1.25...

Okay I should have said after snap[ping half twice I will snap one of the 1/4's into an 1/8 so that the 5mg tba lasts five days but you'd be right in thinking that wouldn't add up to 1mg per day. More like 1.25 x3 and 0.625 x 2 days.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
swami.....I dont think thats a good idea at all...just my opinion...2.5mg is way too much...

ANDREW_J_I said:
yeh, i wouldn't take 2.5mg, dont do that again if i was you because the recommended dose is 1mg per day so just stick with it.

I'm always surprised at the amount of chatter and concern over various doses of finasteride. Folks, that drug is safe and effective over a HUGE range of doses, possibly from as little as 0.05 mg/day to as much as 50 mg/day. That's a range of THREE ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE!! :freaked2: For chrissake, don't waste time arguing over whether you should take 2.5 mg or 1 mg. It doesn't make any significant difference.

Bryan

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan.....Ok this is just what I got from my derm...nothing from my side...so Please nobody..no abuse....

What will 1mg of finasteride do for people who will take it for 10-15 years is not known...
In case there is some bad sh*t that it will do, you are basically multiplying that bad sh*t by 2.5 times...Thats what I THINK and thats what I posted up there "I THINK"

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
What will 1mg of finasteride do for people who will take it for 10-15 years is not known...

What about the people who are 5a-reductase-deficient for their ENTIRE LIVES, from birth to death? They seem to be pretty healthy, except for their altered sexual development early in life, obviously...

hairhaircomeagain said:
In case there is some bad $#iT that it will do, you are basically multiplying that bad $#iT by 2.5 times...

Huh? A dose of 2.5 mg/day reduces DHT by only slightly more than a dose of 1 mg/day.

Bryan