I Can't Believe I Grew Hair Back!!!!!! Look At My Change!!!!

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys just want to warn you all about the use of Hydrocortisone, cortico-steroids and any topicals containing cortisone. They work wonderfully, but they can cause your skin to get ADDICTED to ito_O. And let me tell you, when that happens, and you decide to stop the treatment, dandruff or whatever you're treating comes back x10. Google "rebound effect cortisone" or "rebound effect corticosteroid". This happens if you use it for many months the treatment without interruption.
I used corticone-based treatment twice a day for 7 months on my scalp, and when I cold turkey stopped the dandruff was absolutely AWFUL:(, even spreading to my face:confused:. Two and a half month later it's still impossible to have under control even with Nizoral, ciclopirox, etc. so i'm forced to go back to cortisone treatment.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys just want to warn you all about the use of Hydrocortisone, cortico-steroids and any topicals containing cortisone. They work wonderfully, but they can cause your skin to get ADDICTED to ito_O. And let me tell you, when that happens, and you decide to stop the treatment, dandruff or whatever you're treating comes back x10. Google "rebound effect cortisone" or "rebound effect corticosteroid". This happens if you use it for many months the treatment without interruption.
I used corticone-based treatment twice a day for 7 months on my scalp, and when I cold turkey stopped the dandruff was absolutely AWFUL:(, even spreading to my face:confused:. Two and a half month later it's still impossible to have under control even with Nizoral, ciclopirox, etc. so i'm forced to go back to cortisone treatment.
Yep steroids don't pay long term

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why cold turkey? You’re supposed to taper. Also using it EOD @1% won’t do much harm

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why cold turkey? You’re supposed to taper. Also using it EOD @1% won’t do much harm
Couldn't get it prescribed for a moment as it's anti-inflamatory and could mess me up with covid19. I tried to taper it off but just going from twice a day to once a day caused my sebderm to flare up... And then came the point when I didn't have no more of it. And it wasn't even that strong of an corticosteroid, and I wasn't even 1 year on it.
Just warning people because cortisone is really a double edge sword

Yep steroids don't pay long term
Yea... my derm didn't warn me about it :(

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't get it prescribed for a moment as it's anti-inflamatory and could mess me up with covid19. I tried to taper it off but just going from twice a day to once a day caused my sebderm to flare up... And then came the point when I didn't have no more of it. And it wasn't even that strong of an corticosteroid, and I wasn't even 1 year on it.
Just warning people because cortisone is really a double edge sword

Yea... my derm didn't warn me about it :(
You must have been using a heavy prescription.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
You must have been using a heavy prescription.

Yes. Class II (classified as "strong activity") twice a day. Wasn't familiar with it back then...

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been taking coldpressed flaxseed oil lately I think it's helping this was one thing Jacob said helped internally..also still doing my DIY topical

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty sure it was all the cortisone

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes nizoral too I noticed when I go without out it my hair thins, lately when I wash I leave it in scalp 5 mins before rinse,along with Neo hair lotion ,flazseed oil ,and others hair is in good shape