I can’t even bring myself to lift hand weights anymore.

G

I’m battling more then just the heaviness of the weight. Lifting them is 10 times heavier then they are. Not from the weight itself, but from all the negative thoughts going through my head.

My motivation is at ground zero. When I lift them, I think about how bad my hair loss is for someone my age, and how my debt is killing my life. Making the lifting session nothing more then an uphill battle and full of negativity.

I’ve had no success with treatments. Not an ounce despite trying everything. I’m on dutasteride, but I expect nothing with that.

The weights, are 10 times heavier then they should be. My mindset is so low, that I can’t bring myself to do it any more.

Hair loss has brought me 100’s of negatives ranging from all angles of my life, which in exchange has given me very few, if any at all, positives. It’s been a total shock. The change is just startling to adapt to.

There is nothing pointing me in the right direction right now.

No "mate" to give advice, like you see on the tele.

I’ve been waiting for a good solid year for some light at the end of the tunnel, but none as of yet.

My enjoyment of Arsenal has been destroyed. I used to think about this team everyday and was so passionate about them. Now my enjoyment is sizzling out, which I would have given you odds of 100,000 -1 of that ever happening, if asked a few years ago. My mind is now occupied and haunted by this. Not Arsenal anymore.

I tried to be positive, but it’s just hard, when I know what discovering hair loss has done to me, and how everything will be a battle, and 10 times harder then what it was. The change is too big.

If given the choice again, of the same path - from the offset, I would chose the ‘no existence’ path, then to go through this hell again. It’s simply not worth it. My answer would be a firm, no thank you, not for me.

G

I can sense a sombre mood!

Try watching Manchester United. It may cheer you up a bit.

mattam

Reaction score
Gunner...

I feel for u. I am battling this myself and w/ limited results.

Have u thought of using anti-depressant to get your mood back? I personally went on it 3 weeks ago as I was really depressed by this hairloss.

It helped me get my perspective back and feel alright again. It's really is not the end of the world.......

Finally...I think push come to shove...I will just shave my head. And if you keep in good shape (seems like u workout) and just take good care of yourself (cloth, a gool pair of glasses, etc.)..you will turn out just fine dude...

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Well one thing u can always have is fate, because once that is gone all hope is lost. I am only 19 and im my hair is shitty but i keep it short and its not that much of a problem and by short i mean half setting away from buzzed and and then buzz the sides ......kinda like oh ya the rock, but I starting lifting weights again and i shot up again from 175 to 196.

I have been on rogaine for 4 months i see a few hairs here and there but nothing really good and finasteride for about a month and half.....i at least have time to do see whats what. But as with anything when I lift i dont just lift i attack weights. With this I don't just sit back and let things control them.....done the line i'll get a transplant. I knew i was gonna lose hair but not this much or this early, and i had half hearted discussion with my mom when i was like 16 about it cuz i never had good temples lol.

This gets me down from time to time all the time.....but once i get down I tell myself there are things that i havfe to do now to battle through this and life. I have to do well in colllege and get a job and maybe make a comeback to play football and keep getting stronger, bigger, and faster. Thats what my priorities are right now, and as a result hairloss is a close second but still behind. I hope this gives u some perspective

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner: I do feel you a long way - but this has gone out of control. It's not a "problem" any longer for you, merely an obsession.

Seriously, go see a psychiatrist (spelling).

G

The thing that frustrates me about all this, is the reactions I get (or have got in the past). Not from females, but from males. It’s such a looks orientated world and it's hard to accept and was hard to discover at the time.

For example - the kind of guy Rawbbie was. A person who would have that jealous look, when he discovers that someone he laughed at previously, has a feature that looks good. The smile would slowly drift away from his face, only to be replaced with that jealous, regretful and somewhat embarrassed face. These people are obsessed with looks.

It’s not his fault or a dig. It’s how people are.

This reaction occurs so much. It’s so blatant. It’s not spoken of that men look at and judge other men in real life, even though I had an inkling this was the way it was. It is so much clearer. Especially when you view places like to find men rating other men.

You’re just seeing how people are in real life.

A few years ago I wasn’t aware of this, even though I had an inkling that this is how people view each other.

Three years ago, I worked for an insurance company. I had peace of mind and an innocent mind at that. Ages 16-21, I went to 8 job interviews and got them all. At the time I was unaware of the reason why, because I was never the best person at school. Since male pattern baldness came into play years 2002-2004 I’ve been to 16 interviews and struggled to get 4 of the jobs - that have been a nightmare to say the least.

Now my parents are asking to get a cleaning job, to help pay for the debts.

Remember that story I wrote on here, about my last employer pulling my cap off at work because we had an argument - in order to take advantage of my hair loss.

This is what I feared in life. Years and years ago. I knew people thought this way and would resort to this.

Adults reaction to me down the years has been a horror. When I had hair, they were obsessed because they thought I looked like Macaully Culkin when he was in Home Alone.

Fact is, they wanted to know me because they thought I looked like this kid in Home Alone. Ridiculous huh? But true.

This It his an example, of how people love you because you look good. They think you look good and want to be seen with you.

This has puzzled me in the past, but in the last few years it has hit home.

This is how people think. All this time, they probably didn't like me for who I was, it was because I mirrored that immature little kid from that film who runs about the house setting traps.

I’m in debt because I have no job btw. £1,000 pounds to my parents for debts. £400 Credit Card bill. £400 Debit Card bill. And this PC, which cost me £2,500. Now I have no job, and I struggle to pay the £64 a month I owe Dell for this computer. I struggle to pay my Mum and Dad their £30 per week.

To make matters worse, I struggle to pay for these treatments that don’t work anyway. I have a hair loss bag full of treatments that do nothing. dutasteride, DermMacth, Couvre, Finpecia, spironolactone 5%, Nizoral, Kirkland minoxidil, Vitamin pills, MSN pills, B- complex pills. You name it.

Most I don’t use but have bought in the past due to being desperate to find a solution.

It would be 1% helpful if I saw some payback for the religious use for some of these products, but nothing.

If a policeman came to my house tomorrow, even though I have never committed a crime in my life, I would, look him in the eye, hold my hands up and say take me in. I wouldn’t argue. I’d be too exhausted to say anything.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner I'm going for a 3-0 home win next week against Bayern (Pires, Reyes (2)). With Bergkamp playing things should be different.

C'mon if that turns out to be true then surely that would cheer you up, no?!

EliasNJ

Reaction score
First of all Gunner I find some of your stories hilarious and if writing is your way of getting your frustrations out I encourage it.

As far as people like Rawbie who have frustrated you, your going to have to deal with those people all your life. It is obvious who he is, one of those people who have low self-esteem and seek other people with even lower self-esteem to taunt and torture because they get an ego boost putting down people with worse problems then their own. I'm glad you came back to this forum rather then running away because it shows those people that they won.

As far as your hairloss and depression, you really need to find something that makes you happy in life. I feel really bad that you have not been able to control your hairloss, it is easy for us to say we understand but many of us have been able to drastically slow, stop, or recover our hairloss. I know I would be really bummed if my hairloss was worse then it was and couldn't do anything about it.

However, I don't think you should dwell on your hairloss and let it control your life. All of us have been dealt bad cards in life, but we still have had to play them. I know some people are calling for you to get professional help but I suggest you find something that makes you happy in life. There must be something out there that makes you happy whether it be a hobby or writing then invest as much time as you can in it. If get your frustration out by writing stories, then divert the time you spend dwelling on your hairloss into writing.

I have natural chemical imbalances so my mood has been known to drastically change. I handle anger and depression a lot but I've learned how to deal with it. I've invested in possibly 8-10 full time hobbies over the last 4 years and it makes you a better person. Girls also love guys who are good at a variety of things and I suggest everyone to do as many different things in life as they can. Find out what you like or what you have always had an interest in and do it. You'll feel much better.

My two cents.

Petchsky

Reaction score
GET A JOB....and quickly...don't matter what at this point, if you do nothing your debt will get WORSE and WORSE...

Being deep in debt will make your world a very dark place, even darker than it already is...

Seriously, if you do nothing now, you wil pay for it later and whatever you do, don't take out a loan to cover your existing debts.

lossing my hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner maybe all that stress is what's making your treatment ineffective. Theres theory that say Stress speed up male pattern baldness so maybe that's what going on with you but then again who doesn't go through stress.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok Gunner, if you don'w work as a screenwriter... YOU SHOULD DUDE! I don't know but I seriously think that you can start channeling this creativity into bigger and better zones mate:)

docj077

Reaction score
Gunner,

Drop your entire regimen except for your dutasteride. Continue to take it, cut your hair short or shave it off. Stop looking at yourself in the mirror and concerning yourself with your looks. People are petty, frightful, and judgemental creatures. Don't conform to the norm.

If you have a lot of credit card and debit card debts, try to find the means to put all that debt on a single credit card with zero percent APR on balance transfers (once you do this, do not use your credit cards anymore...until this one card is payed off). Your monthly payment will be something like $50 U.S. if you find the right company. As for the money you owe your parents, you might just need to work out a deal with them to delay payments until you can find a good job. They are your parents. Either they will understand or they are complete jerks.

Finding a full time job can be tough at times. If need be, try to get a couple part-time jobs. At least you get back on your feet until you find a good full-time job.

As for the computer, that might have been a financial mistake. A good rule of thumb when purchasing a computer is to never buy one unless you can pay for all of it the second you purchase it. DO NOT EVER use the payment plans that computer companies provide. They will screw you over everytime with a ridiculously high APR.

Good luck getting back on your feet. Only buy the minimum. Food, rent, utilities. You don't need anything else. Remember that and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

docj077

Reaction score
Cassin said:
talking to a ghost guys.............

What I posted was really from my heart. I almost started crying while I was typing it. In fact, I'm crying right now. :bawling:

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Marcules said:
Gunner said:
Three years ago, I worked for an insurance company. I had peace of mind and an innocent mind at that. Ages 16-21, I went to 8 job interviews and got them all. At the time I was unaware of the reason why, because I was never the best person at school. Since male pattern baldness came into play years 2002-2004 I’ve been to 16 interviews and struggled to get 4 of the jobs - that have been a nightmare to say the least.

Maybe you should lie about your norwood level on your next resume, or you could invent something like a DVD player that gives you the true experience of the threater by playing pre-recorded sounds of black people yelling at the screen.

"aww, white girl gonna get it."

or my all time fav... "ohhhhhhh no, he deh-int"
Family Guy called..its suing you for copyright infringement for not giving citations their proper references.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Where has Gunner gone. Why is he signing in as a guest?