I am being sued by Hair Club for men

joeye46

Reaction score
Ok guys here is the deal, about 4 years back when i was 20 years old I went to Hair Club for Men for a Free consoltation..They then signed me up for the extreme hair care therpy don't know if thats whats it called..But they came some a supply of shampoo, hair cleanser, vitamins, and monoxidil....I used it for about 3 months and the first 2 months noticed nothing but more hair falling..So i stoped going to them.I told them it was not doin anything for me they said i was stuck..ANy how the whole deal was financed by GE Care Credit, after despute with them the sold the account to the out side collection agency which then sold it to to another...Being that is been 4 years they are now sueing me and I have gotten a summons in the mail..Guys I am really stressed out about this whole thing I"m a college student and don't know what to do..Any help.. Please...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Find yourself a good lawyer.

I'm positive you can have these charges reversed.

Hair Club already has a VERY bad name. I'm sure there are many precedents, based on the MANY lawsuits they've had, that will help your case.

I'm sure the owner of this site might have some good suggestions.

I know that Farrel, on http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/ (the site owner, over there) has some legal understanding about patient lawsuits.

joeye46

Reaction score
thanks alot I have to answer to the summons within 30 days..I am being sued for $2696 and including court fees and everything else $4230..I made many payments on this account..I stoped because i hardly used the product..

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
So is it the collection agency trying to sue you? If Hair Club sold the debt, they have no legal grounds on which to sue you. Collection agencies buy debt for pennies on the dollar...then attempt to collect the full amount. What state are you in? There are statutes of limitation for consumer debt litigation which are unique to each state. You'd be well-advised to research that.

This is a lesson to everyone NOT to sign contracts that you don't read or fully understand. Hair Club, health clubs, etc... do NOT sign on the dotted lines for these types of services.

joeye46

Reaction score
yea ur so right i was just young and stupid considering my hair i was vulnerable at the same time..Any how ur also right about hair club for men not sueing me but the Collection agency that bought the account..Once i signed the dotted line with hair club for men they already recieved there money..ANy how i have a month to answer to this judgement..Any legal advice..

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
You'd be well-served to solicit legal advice from an attorney....NOT from an internet forum.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair Club is now worse than it ever was.

REGIS has purchased the Hair Club. They own thousands of cut rate Hair cutting chains, Sally's beauty supply and now Hair Club. Since their take-over Hair Club has gone further down hill than ever before. I'm seeing more of their f***-ups in the past year than in the previouse 30.