How would you classify my hairline on the norwood scale and are there any recommended hairstyles?

ucoxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whereabouts on the norwood scale am I? I was thinking a 3-3.5 maybe? Are there any recommendations for hairstyles for people with a hairline like mine because no matter what I do it seems to look like complete sh*t and it's ruined my confidence. I recently buzzed it but it looked bad because it made the thinning areas more noticeable.

I'm taking finasteride and I'm hoping to get a hair transplant at some point but I need a hairstyle that will work with my hair loss for now.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 126
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 131
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 128
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 131
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 132

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the Alvi Armani hairloss scale is much more intuitive but see for yourself.

Attachments

• alvi-armani-hair-loss-scale.jpg
    alvi-armani-hair-loss-scale.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 137

ucoxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the Alvi Armani hairloss scale is much more intuitive but see for yourself.

Thanks, yeah that does seem like a better scale I think. What would you consider mine to be? Pattern 5, class 3 or pattern 1, class 3 maybe?

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown looks immaculate so I don't think you fall into a pattern 1. My guess would be either pattern 5 or 2 class 3 maybe.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you, it looks like a NW3. A high fade on the sides would probably hide your recession pretty well since it'll be harder to see your temples and the longer hair on top will give an illusion of density. You could go for a crew cut, or a faux hawk if your hair still has the density for it. Otherwise you could get a caesar haircut or a short fringe like the one Tom Hardy has in Taboo.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem to be somewehere between a NW2 and NW2.5, at least from those pics.

A true NW3 is when the recession stretch back to your ears. It looks like there is still some decent distance between your recession and your ears.