How valuable are : JUST RITE Positioning spray, and Top-Loc Knot Sealer?

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the positioning spray makes it easier to put on it seems worth it, and if the knot sealer extends duration of the system its also worth it.

I dont see these products mentioned much though. Thoughts?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think a well made system doesn't need knot sealer.

As for positioning spray, there's no need for that. You can spritz with isopropyl if you choose to use this method. A FAR better method (if you use tape) is to attach the tape to the system first, leave the backing tape on it, then spend as much time as you need getting your system into the perfect position. Next, put an Alice band on your head to keep the system in place. This will then allow you to use 2 hands to peel off the backing tape from the tape, and attach one section at a time (start from the back, then do the sides, and finally the front. With this method, the front can still be attached with either tape, glue or a combination of the two). This method, when perfected, gives you a perfect and consistently placed attachment every time.

Using the positioning spray method doesn't give you long to get the system in place before attaching it - only use this method if you're doing an all adhesive attachment, otherwise if you use tape then try the Alice band method.

aqeel6600

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Just Rite spray is probably the best purchase I've made, especially if you are newbie and installing alone.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the positioning spray makes it easier to put on it seems worth it, and if the knot sealer extends duration of the system its also worth it.

I dont see these products mentioned much though. Thoughts?

If it will help you, go for it! You have to realize that many people here are way more experienced so they don't really need supplies like positioning spray :)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, one of the best the best things about using tape was spritizing alcohol onto it after peeling the backing &so as to buy time during which to reposition

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally speaking, Top-Loc has been a game changer for me.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I personally think a well made system doesn't need knot sealer.

As for positioning spray, there's no need for that. You can spritz with isopropyl if you choose to use this method. A FAR better method (if you use tape) is to attach the tape to the system first, leave the backing tape on it, then spend as much time as you need getting your system into the perfect position. Next, put an Alice band on your head to keep the system in place. This will then allow you to use 2 hands to peel off the backing tape from the tape, and attach one section at a time (start from the back, then do the sides, and finally the front. With this method, the front can still be attached with either tape, glue or a combination of the two). This method, when perfected, gives you a perfect and consistently placed attachment every time.

Using the positioning spray method doesn't give you long to get the system in place before attaching it - only use this method if you're doing an all adhesive attachment, otherwise if you use tape then try the Alice band method.

This seems like a great idea but going to the salon and trying out tape, the tapes tend to overlap instead of putting down tape side by side. Do you use tape rolls and cut them to perfectly align them side by side? Or do you use precut contours?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This seems like a great idea but going to the salon and trying out tape, the tapes tend to overlap instead of putting down tape side by side. Do you use tape rolls and cut them to perfectly align them side by side? Or do you use precut contours?

I use 1 inch wide Supertape rolls (by True Tape). I just put it in a straight line down each side, right up to the back of the system and about an inch or so from the front. I trim the tape with small craft scissors at the back to match the contour of the system base. I do the same when I tape up the area at the back of the system between the sides.

You may find it easier to position the system if you break the straight line up into parts or use tape strips instead of one long piece of tape, thus allowing you to go one bit at a time with the positioning, but I don't usually do this.

I wear my hair in a central parting/break, so I don't put any tape across the middle of the system as I don't want it shining through, and it also allows the scalp to breathe. I don't have a totally exposed hairline as the hair at each side of my parting slightly covers the hairline - only the very front of the parting is exposed and I use a small amount of adhesive glue (Walker Tape Ultra Hold) for this area as tape isn't as strong and is more detectable in this area. I still use Supertape from the roll at the front of my system at the unexposed parts of the hairline and just trim it to match the contour.

You can definitely use contours if you prefer (or tape rolls for the sides, contours for the back and front), but as I've got a slightly custom contoured shape on my hairline, I just trim the tape to the contour. It's not at all difficult or time consuming to trim tape rolls once you get used to it.

Basically, just experiment with different tapes, adhesives and attachment methods and you'll eventually find your own way/routine which works for you.

Last edited: