How to remove rapid release remover from hair

Jimmy2301

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first time cleaning system. i noticed that there were few hair with residue of walker rapid release. This made some of the hair on the system look oily/greasy and specially closer to the base. What's the best way to remove that.
keep reapplying conditioner OR go back to shampoo stage and then apply conditioner.

As i understand it shampoo is harmful for the system

Many thanks for your help!

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first time cleaning system. i noticed that there were few hair with residue of walker rapid release. This made some of the hair on the system look oily/greasy and specially closer to the base. What's the best way to remove that.
keep reapplying conditioner OR go back to shampoo stage and then apply conditioner.

As i understand it shampoo is harmful for the system

Many thanks for your help!
Shampooing too often is harmful but you need to shampoo it a few times to get the solvent out.

You want a shampoo that is specifically for "greasy/normal hair". Then wash it with that around 3 times and it's all out. Once you have done that you must condition it.

Jimmy2301

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @mambovipi for the advice. Could you please recommend shampoo that is good?

I use L'oréal sulfate and paraben free shampoo color safe one.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @mambovipi for the advice. Could you please recommend shampoo that is good?

I use L'oréal sulfate and paraben free shampoo color safe one.

For getting the solvent out I don't use anything special. I just use the one sold at LIDL (their own brand for normal/greasy hair). Because I'm just using it to get the solvent out I don't use anything special.

For when I actually wash the unit I use this one:

Anyone have any opinions?

Jimmy2301

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again!
@mambovipi seems like u r based in UK. I'm from Essex, UK. Just wondering if you have any one you go to for service or do you do it yourself?
It seems really hard to find good near london area. And mostly are good with skin/poly based units.

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again!
@mambovipi seems like u r based in UK. I'm from Essex, UK. Just wondering if you have any one you go to for service or do you do it yourself?
It seems really hard to find good near london area. And mostly are good with skin/poly based units.

I do regrooms myself but cut ins I go to a Salon in Angel in London.

Sorry mate, don't know any salons in Essex but just try google maps. I don't know where in Essex you are but just searched the following:

Just search, "hair replacement, "hair system" etc and you usually get a few salons around you.

The only way to know how good a place is, is to go there and speak to the guy loads while he is working and generally see what feel you get for the place. Obviously see if they do a good job too. But the best way to find a place is just visit a few different ones and get a "feel". For regrooms it's not as important as a cut in. If someone does a cut in wrong, you screwed! ha! But if the regroom isn't 100% then you just have to put up with it till the next one.

Hope that helps!