How to make 2.5% min from 5% minoxidil?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cis-female, 100lbs and planning to start minoxidil this week.
I'm a little concerned that 5% min may be a bit strong for me, at least to start.
Any chemistry minded folks have suggestions on the best way to make a 2.5% minoxidil solution out of kirkland liquid 5% minoxidil?
Could I add an equal amount of ethanol to the minoxidil solution to dilute to 2.5%?
Are there other options (glycerin, water) that would work to dilute the strength down to 2.5%?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add 30ml Propylene Glycol (PG), 18ml ethanol, 9ml distilled/purified water

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cis-female, 100lbs and planning to start minoxidil this week.
I'm a little concerned that 5% min may be a bit strong for me, at least to start.
Any chemistry minded folks have suggestions on the best way to make a 2.5% minoxidil solution out of kirkland liquid 5% minoxidil?
Could I add an equal amount of ethanol to the minoxidil solution to dilute to 2.5%?
Are there other options (glycerin, water) that would work to dilute the strength down to 2.5%?
I have seen you around for a while on here so hello.

For an easier solution, you could try using half as much but since there's 2% minoxidil for women, that's close enough. Based on what I have read, if you use the 2 percent topical at night and use one to three drops of it each morning to drizzle on the back of your tongue that should be close to best case scenario. You could also add a small amount of retin-A to your liquid minoxidil, derma-roll and add 25 mg spironolactone as recommended by Rob Winter at perfect hair health:

I am working with another XX and do so privately upon request as a volunteer so if you want to run a few things by me, please do. Hair loss for females is cruel and our Goddess in heaven wants all females to have the best hair possible:

Goddess Bless