How To Decrease Minoxidil Cardiovascular Side Effects And Maybe Help You Regrowth Some Hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd love to try oral minoxidil but my mother nós brother have eart disease, só I probabbly have It aswell
Let's see. Nos means we in Portuguese and 'eart is the way that cockney folks pronounce heart and aswell must mean something like in addition to. Just teasing but getting nos out of what I presume was intended to be "and" is some weird *** typing trick. Why can't you then visit a doctor to get clearance? He or she might say "yes" but also tell you that nothing over 1 mg say once daily.

And 1 mg can still be a very worthwhile amount to use for both genders but particularly for females fighting hair loss who often use only .25mg of oral min with 25mg of spironolactone as a typical standard dosage among females with incipient hair loss. XY's often use 200mg regularly and 400mg of spironolactone is used by some XY's but even as little as .25 mg of Loniten can be substantially effective for cis-females and that is far too low to even measure out really when "drinking" topical min and so drinking min is probably not as relevant for people using less than one mg of Loniten as it probably won't work without some calibration work that few of us want to do if we can get the pills affordably and without prescription but those two requirements can substantially and negatively impact the usage of the med and my preferred vendor only offered topical min anyway. Without the possibility of drinking topical, who knows if I ever would have even gone on Loniten ever and it has substantially improved the performance of even HRT meds in my estimation.

Since metric droppers tend to only go down to .25ml, the conversion factor is extremely easy at this point on the dropper markings as you simply divide by two and remove the decimal point to convert ml to mg of Loniten. Hence, since I take 25mg daily split into two doses, I simply drizzle .25ml down my throat once in the morning and then once at night. Part of my adoption of this 12.5 mg dosage is simply due to the ease of calculation factor coupled with the half-life of oral min and with some possible losses of potency that liquid meds can have before the med reaches the liver. Nevertheless, it works great and the sides have been minimal for me in a male context but yes, I have had increased growth rate of my laser-removed beard since those follicles never quite die but eh for hair, I can pay for a few more laser sessions.

Janey

Last edited:

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a silly question, because it can be quite counter-intuitive. Drinking water actually does help reduce water retention. Your body sees that its getting a fresh supply on a regular basis, so it doesn't need to hold on to so much.
Yes, I agree with this. There is no reason for water to stay in the tissue unless it is attracted by sodium (of course there are other mechanism to swelling but this is the most common) so drinking more water will cause to higher volume of urine and thus more sodium excretion.

I'd love to try oral minoxidil but my mother nós brother have eart disease, só I probabbly have It aswell
So your uncle had heart disease? Man... you are sharing with your uncle around 1/4 (or 1/8 ?) of your genes so this is very small amount to take any conlusion about your chances.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with this. There is no reason for water to stay in the tissue unless it is attracted by sodium (of course there are other mechanism to swelling but this is the most common) so drinking more water will cause to higher volume of urine and thus more sodium excretion.

So your uncle had heart disease? Man... you are sharing with your uncle around 1/4 (or 1/8 ?) of your genes so this is very small amount to take any conlusion about your chances.
That's probably not exactly right but on the right track. The key truth statement is Bald/not bald (actually, heart disease or not) and so, what you mention about the uncle is correct but it matters whether we are talking about already having some evidence of OP being balding already (or having incipient heart disease). So if a non-balding guy goes in to see the doctor and this person's hair has not visibly thinned then you could just say that said person has 25% chance of going bald or whatever.

But, if the same person goes to see the same doctor with visible baldness and recession, then this completely changes the odds of this person going bald or more well stated changes the odds in terms of whether or not said person has the condition of male pattern baldness.

Well duh, right? But essentially what happens to the math is that under Bayesian analysis, knowing the person is already balding makes a huge difference in the odds. How much? Well, like Einstein, I leave the calculation to others but essentially given that the male is already balding, the uncle element essentially loses most of its importance. This is why family history is usually of low importance in terms of diagnosing male pattern baldness once thinning or hair loss becomes noticeable. This person at this point either has Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness and family history is irrelevant for Telogen Effluvium and as we know, maybe 90 percent of people who think that they are balding or might be balding, will not have Telogen Effluvium unfortunately. Family history might be illustrative of the severity of hair loss but as we know, many of us have elderly fathers with perfect heads of hair so even that aspect of prediction is muted.

This is similar to how sports odds work if we have enough information. So going back to the last full baseball season, what were the odds that the Nationals would win the world series initially? Maybe about 40 percent but then we find out that the Nats win both game 1 and game 2 and armed with this Bayesian knowledge we can theoretically make better predictions even with incomplete information and the Nats' odds go way up. But then the Astros win the next three in a row and the prior probability changes again. The Nats then win game 7 in Houston which pretty much destroys the odds again but this was unusual. Another example: What are the odds that the Falcons win the Super Bowl against the Pats? Maybe 42 percent, say. Now, what are the odds that the Falcons win the Super Bowl given that they are up 28 to 3 in the third quarter? Pretty damn high but again leave betting to the gamblers because even though our analysis was correct, we would have lost that Super Bowl bet.

Janey

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's probably not exactly right but on the right track. The key truth statement is Bald/not bald (actually, heart disease or not) and so, what you mention about the uncle is correct but it matters whether we are talking about already having some evidence of OP being balding already (or having incipient heart disease). So if a non-balding guy goes in to see the doctor and this person's hair has not visibly thinned then you could just say that said person has 25% chance of going bald or whatever.

But, if the same person goes to see the same doctor with visible baldness and recession, then this completely changes the odds of this person going bald or more well stated changes the odds in terms of whether or not said person has the condition of male pattern baldness.

Well duh, right? But essentially what happens to the math is that under Bayesian analysis, knowing the person is already balding makes a huge difference in the odds. How much? Well, like Einstein, I leave the calculation to others but essentially given that the male is already balding, the uncle element essentially loses most of its importance. This is why family history is usually of low importance in terms of diagnosing male pattern baldness once thinning or hair loss becomes noticeable. This person at this point either has Telogen Effluvium or male pattern baldness and family history is irrelevant for Telogen Effluvium and as we know, maybe 90 percent of people who think that they are balding or might be balding, will not have Telogen Effluvium unfortunately. Family history might be illustrative of the severity of hair loss but as we know, many of us have elderly fathers with perfect heads of hair so even that aspect of prediction is muted.

This is similar to how sports odds work if we have enough information. So going back to the last full baseball season, what were the odds that the Nationals would win the world series initially? Maybe about 40 percent but then we find out that the Nats win both game 1 and game 2 and armed with this Bayesian knowledge we can theoretically make better predictions even with incomplete information and the Nats' odds go way up. But then the Astros win the next three in a row and the prior probability changes again. The Nats then win game 7 in Houston which pretty much destroys the odds again but this was unusual. Another example: What are the odds that the Falcons win the Super Bowl against the Pats? Maybe 42 percent, say. Now, what are the odds that the Falcons win the Super Bowl given that they are up 28 to 3 in the third quarter? Pretty damn high but again leave betting to the gamblers because even though our analysis was correct, we would have lost that Super Bowl bet.

Janey
according to your knowledge, is there a huge risk of unwante body hair from 1.2 mg oral min? i am started to get elongation of fine body hair with it after almost 2 month on it and i hate this. Does this stop at a certain point? thx

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
according to your knowledge, is there a huge risk of unwante body hair from 1.2 mg oral min? i am started to get elongation of fine body hair with it after almost 2 month on it and i hate this. Does this stop at a certain point? thx
There is certainly a risk of that. For me, it is mostly making my beard scratchier but other areas were more robust to remove but mostly, it's just a detail compared to the possibility of substantial regrowth. I have based a lot of what I know about oral min and recommendations based upon this article:

He goes through the hypertrichosis issue but concluded that for most males, hypertrichosis was a feature, not a bug. Now I know that body hair is going out for both sexes but you could just get maybe one laser session and clear it all out again, which is what I ended up doing. Hypertrichosis is good in one way because otherwise, there is not much of a way to tell if it is working and hypertrichosis is a sign that oral min might be working. It seemed to make my lashes and brows thicker which was fine with me and I just pluck the strays once a week or so. That is an interesting question whether or not, hypertrichosis goes down with tolerance. It might but then again, since oral min works on all hair even on non-hormonal hair like lashes, probably not.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks, so if i get hypertrichosis that means i will get hair result?
Eh. Some people report little to no success with oral minoxidil but I am not sure whether that means no hypertrichosis either or just no hair growth. Oral min seems to be far more likely to actually regrow some amount of hair than regular min. I would start off low like you mentioned, maybe at 1mg and then titrate upwards if you think that the scalp hair increase is worth the increase of hypertrichosis at the margin.

One thing is that many of us using oral min are also using perhaps finasteride and topical min too and maybe keto and these meds could help energize oral min results for some people which would explain at least partially the failure to achieve any regrowth by some.

My goal was/is to find things that work for everybody but some XY's appear to be just fucked no matter what they do or try and even on strong HRT meds they get little to no regrowth. Somebody needs to compile the data and do a meta-analysis but right now we lack the means to predict results save for very young people and perhaps hair loss in the crown. The failure by others to have the success that @bridgeburn had is starting to shake my confidence about solutions intended to work for everybody. I am not a fan of huge stacks at all but maybe four to five well chosen meds are about the best that we can do and it either works, at least for maintenance or it doesn't. These essential meds might be min, finasteride, keto, Selsun Blue and retin-A for males but I don't see much regrowth from these meds unless oral minoxidil carries the weight because we already know that otherwise, mature men never or virtually never have hair improvement or regrowth. Stasis is the best that we can wish for.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's see. Nos means we in Portuguese and 'eart is the way that cockney folks pronounce heart and aswell must mean something like in addition to. Just teasing but getting nos out of what I presume was intended to be "and" is some weird *** typing trick. Why can't you then visit a doctor to get clearance? He or she might say "yes" but also tell you that nothing over 1 mg say once daily.

And 1 mg can still be a very worthwhile amount to use for both genders but particularly for females fighting hair loss who often use only .25mg of oral min with 25mg of spironolactone as a typical standard dosage among females with incipient hair loss. XY's often use 200mg regularly and 400mg of spironolactone is used by some XY's but even as little as .25 mg of Loniten can be substantially effective for cis-females and that is far too low to even measure out really when "drinking" topical min and so drinking min is probably not as relevant for people using less than one mg of Loniten as it probably won't work without some calibration work that few of us want to do if we can get the pills affordably and without prescription but those two requirements can substantially and negatively impact the usage of the med and my preferred vendor only offered topical min anyway. Without the possibility of drinking topical, who knows if I ever would have even gone on Loniten ever and it has substantially improved the performance of even HRT meds in my estimation.

Since metric droppers tend to only go down to .25ml, the conversion factor is extremely easy at this point on the dropper markings as you simply divide by two and remove the decimal point to convert ml to mg of Loniten. Hence, since I take 25mg daily split into two doses, I simply drizzle .25ml down my throat once in the morning and then once at night. Part of my adoption of this 12.5 mg dosage is simply due to the ease of calculation factor coupled with the half-life of oral min and with some possible losses of potency that liquid meds can have before the med reaches the liver. Nevertheless, it works great and the sides have been minimal for me in a male context but yes, I have had increased growth rate of my laser-removed beard since those follicles never quite die but eh for hair, I can pay for a few more laser sessions.

Janey
Typing error

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score

My mother and my brother. Cellphone autocorrect mistake, sorry. And to be fair, I do share the balde genes with all my uncles lol

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
just started oral minoxidil yesterday, and got some taurine to go along with it. Thanks for the tip OP, hope it really helps.