how to cut it

nolo

Reaction score
just ordered my first bottle of generic proscar. i'm pretty psyched about how much money i'll be saving compared to the 1mg pills.

i need some advice on cutting methods and dosage. i know cutting it into 5ths would be ideal, but that seems like it'd be pretty hard to do. what is the best way to cut the pills to get as close to the 1mg dosage as possible?

thanks.

G

I gave up and started cutting it in fifths, more or less. I use a razor blade. You need to rest the edge of the surface of the pill, use thumb and finger of the other hand two prevent the two pieces from flying away, and press down firmly and suddenly to "chop" the pill. If you do it slowly the pill will cut instead of chopping and pieces will crumble off.

But my way is the worst way, you probably do have a razor around. The smart people around here seem to like the exacto knife and the pill cutter because they work better.

nolo

Reaction score
i should've been more clear. i know the pill cutter is the best way to cut the pill. i was looking for advice on the proportions. quarters? fifths? sixths?

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Generic Proscar is round and easily cut into 1/4's. Not so easily into smaller increments. Since 1mg is the prescribed dosage and it's been proven that finasteride is effective at lower doses and safe at greater doses, the choice is yours. Most guys do the easy thing and take the 1.25. I do.

jerry grant