How much rogaine? Just started routine (PICS INSIDE)

soon2bebald

Reaction score
Ok guys im 22 years old, well I found this forum a couple days ago after just noticing i am really going bald now. I noticed I was loosing hair about 2 years ago and a year after I started propecia by itself and was on it for about 4 or 5 months , I really wasnt paying attention to see if it was working, felt like i was having more hairloss plus it got expensive so I just quit, tried rogaine for only 3 days and quit the rogaine cuz i wasnt committed to putting it on all the time. I went in a phase for about 8 months not caring about my hair and not paying attention to it, was not on any treatment at all. NOW ITS REALLY BOTHERING ME, im balding pretty fast and wish I would have never quit the propecia and stayed committed to the rogaine.

Now to the question, this will be my 4th day on rogain foam, I know it says there is no use of putting more rogaine becuase it wont improve your results, but I think I am putting on way more than im supposed too, by the pictures you can see where im balding and I want to make sure I get the rogaine onto the scalp, putting it on with dry hair makes it kind of hard so I end up putting more than enough. Is It bad for me to be putting on more rogaine, can it damage the follicles, i just put it on twice a day but of course i try to get every bald spot, which is i guess practically my whole balding scalp. Can you be putting it on the top of the scalp, on frontal areas and hairlines, or is it just supposed to be on the vertex like it says. Im planning on getting finasterade off the web sometime next week.

PICS.jpg

Well since this time I will stay committed to the treatment I took pictures to see if I get any improving results in the future. I will keep you all updated monthly with pictures. I started with rogaine foam and nizoral 4 days ago, next week I do plan to start on finasterade.

The first 6 pictures are with my hair wet. I comb my hair to the front all the time. the first 2 pictures I split the hair to the sides so you can see the receeding hairline.

In the next 4 pictures i have my hair combed to the back this is how I combed my hair back when I was in highschool, was I shocked at how bald I looked like this, didnt even know i was balding from the crown area aswell, thought i was going to go into a panic attack. realized that combing my hair to the front makes me look like i have a lil more hair.

In the last 2 pictures I have my hair dry, I dont put on any jell or hairspray anymore so I wont look as bald, but with the dry hair you can still badly tell where my hairline is receeding.

Sorry to have made this post so long but I will end it here as this is my first time posting, do you all recommend me adding anything else to my routine what should I add to my rogaine, nizoral, and soon to start propecia routine.By the way how often should i use nizoral?

Thanks in advance to any of your guys's help.

ps. if the pictures arent showing please let me know?

Sean68

Reaction score
put on as much as you feel has done the job it wont harm your hair. i dont think 1ml is enough if your trying to spray through dense hair.